Election

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, May 04, 2018, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Full results will follow but ... what a corker. Sadly, Darren Price & Keith Dawkins didn't get in, but PHF got Sue Little at Seaton plus Tony Richardson at Fens & Rossmere - the latter booting out the golden boy, Alan Clark. Also, Tom Cassidy is the new Independent for Hart!

Foggy

Bit of a mixed result there with a few little surprises.

Most disappointed for Darren Price who I don't think could have done much more. Hope he has another go as I believe Cranney is next. 74 votes for Cranney's mate... and 312 for a paper Tory.. neither of whom had anything resembling a campaign... why?? I don't understand some people.

It also shows once again that some wards are just a waste of effort. i.e. Manor  ::)

Fens and Rossmere was an interesting one though.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Foggy on May 04, 2018, 04: AM
Bit of a mixed result there with a few little surprises.

Most disappointed for Darren Price who I don't think could have done much more. Hope he has another go as I believe Cranney is next. 74 votes for Cranney's mate... and 312 for a paper Tory.. neither of whom had anything resembling a campaign... why?? I don't understand some people.

Disappointing this one. The candidate previous wards rejected finds refuge in the Leaders feifdom. Some voters just do't think, they vote by instinctive reaction. They learn nothing and forget nothing.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I see in some wards you can still put a red rosette on a pig and people still vote for it.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

In some wards electing councillors is like buying tea bags. They've always bought the same 'Barrel Scraper' brand tea bags since before the Boer War, their great Grandparents, Grandparents and parents saw no reason to change and they're going to carry on the tradition of sticking with the sweepings of the tea chest because basically it avoids having to think.

DRiddle

QuoteDisappointing this one. The candidate previous wards rejected finds refuge in the Leaders feifdom. Some voters just do't think, they vote by instinctive reaction. They learn nothing and forget nothing.

It really does demonstrate that voters are utterly clueless in some wards. Ann Marshall who hawked herself all over town absolutely desperate to be elected so she could pack in working at ASDA, over Darren Price, the bloke who bough sharp bins out of his own money and went around picking up druggies needles that the council had missed.

Then there's mad dog. I didn't expect her to lose Manor House, but it's still frustrating. There are 5 or 6 hundred people on the Manor who, over the last few years, have basically shown they would vote for the Devil himself if he promised to take their old washing machines away for nowt. I'd also love to meet the 191 Conservative voters who live in Manor House and ask them ................. why?

Then there's Clarkie. A decent bloke who is now carrying the can for Akers-Belcher's greed regarding the 31% rise. Labour weren't expecting that one and to be honest neither was I. Still, if you lie down with dogs...

All in all, for Labour to make ZERO gains overall with so many Indys up at once AND under a harsh Tory government, it shows you how far the red flag has fallen under Akers-Belcher, Cranney and the 5 strong cabal.

Shepherd

The bell is tolling for Beck in Hart, 2 down, 1 to go!

Inspector Knacker

I was told he was in Morrisons last week collecting for the Rifty? Has it moved to his ward?

Inspector Knacker

The Tories in their election 'literature' kept saying they are the not Party who can hold Labour to account. How?
As they are a minority party, how is that even possible, are their three councillors all hypnotists?
Someone please explain to me how this is possible.

Lord Elpus

Like DR in saddened that Darren was beaten by Ann Marshall.

I also agree regarding Alan Clark, he's a decent lad but has paid the price for supporting the current leadership.  I suspect it will hit him hardest in the pocket, what use a 31% rise now.

Ironically the results help the SCAB's tighten their grip on the Labour group, Marshall will be yet another yes man.

Looks like its up to grass roots labour members to actually do something to drain the swamp.

One can see the value of the Odious Little t*a* to the SCAB's, tory candidates in as spoilers.  They should hang their heads in shame

fred c

Well done to Sue Little, Tom Cassidy, Tony Richardson, Tim Fleming and John Lauderdale.

Very disappointed for Darren he ran a good campaign but as mentioned, you could put a red rosette on a pig in some wards and it would get in.

So no change in the council chamber the SCABAL still rule the roost, I suppose we can only sit back and watch the Corbynite Mob cleanse Hartlepool Labour.  ::)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I see Ann as an extra mob member and Alan as the loss of one of their compliant foot soldiers. I don't think they will be bothered.

The nasty party became a bit nastier. 
I don't believe it.

Shepherd

The "independent" in Hart was the only one who bothered to knock on doors and talk to people, it did him the power of good. Well done Thomas Cassidy!

Shepherd

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 04, 2018, 07: AM
The Tories in their election 'literature' kept saying they are the not Party who can hold Labour to account. How?
As they are a minority party, how is that even possible, are their three councillors all hypnotists?
Someone please explain to me how this is possible.

I thinks its call suspension of disbelief, that, or they have swallowed their own BS  ;)