h,pool labour party

Started by jawsbbc, April 04, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

Looks like the page has been deleted. Interesting how?

stokoe

Give us a clue what was going on jaws.

jawsbbc

Leon what about the fact that our bins are over flowing after not being emptied for 2 weeks that it blows all over the road....the dog bins are not getting installes any were near my house. and quite frankly the only reason half the councillors we have are in the job is for the money. the very fact that your standing in area that you are not a resident. and have no idea of the issues we as foggy furze residents face..just goes to prove as much
Manage

leon well im not convinced based on your responses today that you intend to make any positive chnages in my area....good luck with it all.
Manage
Reply · 6d
Ann Marshall
Ann Marshall I've explained as clearly as I can. All I can say is I will work as hard as I did for the rossmere ward. I helped secure over 2 million for skate park, 2 play areas and the refurb of rossmere school. I also played an active part in the council. I didn't just turn up to the 2 full council meetings a year and take the money.Leon Mccar what about the fact that our bins are over flowing after not being emptied for 2 weeks that it blows all over the road....the dog bins are not getting installes any were near my house. and quite frankly the only reason half the councillors we have are in the job is for the money. the very fact that your standing in area that you are not a resident. and have no idea of the issues we as foggy furze residents face..just goes to prove as much

Ann Marshall
Ann Marshall I beg to differ. Ive worked in and out of the area for years. I lived in wensleydale street. Dog bags can be put in the green bin as it gets incinerated. There is no monies to empty the green bins on a weekly basis. I can promise you I never did it for the money. Some weeks with the committees, working groups, resident groups, school governor meetings, police audit meetings etc I could go on. I worked for £1 an hour. You get a fixed amount whether you attend the 2 full council meetings you have to or as many as I did.
Ann Marshall Hi Leon
I am a resident and have lived in hartlepool all my life. The council has to keep some reserves. The amount your talking about most of it is earmarked. The councillor's had not taken a pay rise for years. They are on call 24/7. The council spend about a quarter of a million picking up litter. If resident didn't drop it that money could be used on something else. New free dog bag machines are being trialed in some areas. At the end of the day responsibility lies with the residents. Up to now 20 million has been cut from the council budget by the tory government. So I dont think the council has done to bad providing the services it does do.
Ann Marshall
  It's one of my interests to work towards affordable accommodation. No one should buy a housing association dwelling because this reduces the stock. Knock on effect is less to rent. My idea when I was on the council was to bring back into use empty properties so with the labour group we developed a housing strategy. The council now has 269. Also housing developer's who wish to build are asked for money which instead of them building social housing within their development is put into a pot which is used to do the empty dwelling's up to rent out.

Sorry Ann Marshall but to be honest there is no defence under the circumstances for the councillors voting themselves that rise. The staff at the council didn't get a rise like that, nor did anyone else I know. Everyone has been living with sub inflation rises for years. I don't care if the report recommended it, it was political ineptitude on a staggering scale. Locally it has caused massive damage to the Labour Party. The budget situation is clearly the fault of successive Tory Governments, but that vote gave a clear message to the people - "I'm all right Jack". Leons point about the bins is a serious concern and although I understand the reasons for fortnightly collections and recycling the most recent experiences with bins being unemptied because the lids would not close AFTER the Council failed to collect on time was yet another stupid and totally avoidable own goal from an organisation you wish to lead and represent us on. I know why the bin lids needed to be closed, I know why the collection was delayed, what I don't understand is why the public were not properly informed or more importantly why no special arrangements were made. If you want to win here you have to be more in touch with the community and less part of the council clique. We need a government that works for the many, not the few, a council that works for the town and a councillor that works for the ward. I hope that all means Labour. I don't have a skateboard.
· 6d
Ann Marshall
Ann Marshall Hi. As I wasn't part of the discussions I don't know what the logic behind taking it was. Not just labour have taken it though. Having been involved in the job evaluation for about 2 years, I pushed that lowest paid in the council received more than the minimum wage. As for the bins it should have been highlighted more that a bin collector had been seriously injured because he got his hand caught in the machinery because he couldn't see it for the refuse bags being above the level of the lid. I said said for years the labour group were that busy doing the do that they didn't stop and take stock of what was being portrayed. Having been on the inside I know how hard the labour councillors work in their wards etc and hope that now that they are getting their own fb pages more information can be given out. Don't get me wrong fb is the last place I think of for getting or giving information so I need to change that. I will highlight what has been raised by you and Leoni. It's just hard to get the right message out.

Inspector Knacker

Reading that was hard going.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

31% because she thinks she is worth it.

She might as well vote for another candidate herself than keep saying that.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on April 04, 2018, 09: PM
31% because she thinks she is worth it.

She might as well vote for another candidate herself than keep saying that.

Is she getting a political campaign mixed up with a L'Oréal advert?  ;)

fred c

She still hasn't caught on has she, the harsh lessons she learned in the Seaton Carew by-election have been ignored..... maybe one of the Corbynites should tell, when you're in a hole Stop Digging.

Inspector Knacker

They're determined to hammer a very square peg into a very square hole. She must have some talent only the Brains Trust in the Party can see. Which probably explains everything.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 05, 2018, 07: AM
She must have some talent only the Brains Trust in the Party can see.

You tell her which way to vote and she obeys. That is it.

Inspector Knacker

They must like being patted on the head.

DRiddle

It amazes me what some people are prepared to compromise for £500 a month. Principles, morality, decency, free will, integrity, self-respect, dignity, I could go on.

How could you knowingly, willingly put your hand up and vote 'for' to proposals put forward by Cranney and the SCABS? Not only are some people prepared to do it, but they GENUINELY believe themselves to be doing the right thing when they do.

Utterly bizarre

Inspector Knacker

Simple. The joy of the party system is it allows people who probably still need to take their shoes off to count to 20 to think they are important.

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 05, 2018, 08: AM
It amazes me what some people are prepared to compromise for £500 a month. Principles, morality, decency, free will, integrity, self-respect, dignity, I could go on.

There's a list a mile long that showcases the lack of the above qualities in 
people who should know better, people who for whatever reason follow the dictats of a 'leader'

But the most glaring example is the fact the HCLP its elected officers, its councillors and its members took the decision to take no action whatsoever about the dismissal of the then Mayor of Hartlepool for gross industrial misconduct.

Making a request for a day off because he was 'attending a funeral' to telling lies about being 'to ill to avoid a court appearance' was bad enough, but to cap it off with allegations of the mistreatment of vulnerable adults was beneath contempt.

If the 'Change Makers' who believe they are capable of removing the blight that has turned Hartlepool Labour Toxic are serious about it, they could start the process by finally holding "An Immediate Investigation" into the circumstances surround the sacking of SAB.... as per Labour Party rules, something they should have done 3 years ago.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/mayor-was-sacked-for-attending-civic-event-after-telling-bosses-he-was-going-to-a-funeral-1-7202564

stokoe

The man is a total disgrace,also his husband/wife whatever he may be to say he is leader, any other town he would have them kicked the f*c* out,what does it take for this town to wake up and see the total shower of sh**e just raking the money in for themselves.