A Gold plated pre-election clanger?

Started by DRiddle, March 23, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Norfolkinchance

Absolutely appalling! I'm aware its' been asked on this forum, however any further info on a signatory for this? Maybe a short clip for Hartlepool TV to cover?

mk1

You can picture the scene:
Turnip Head- if you give 'us your charity money I will see you get a right tasty gold medal. It will be worth a bob or two and you can sell it when you  retire and no one will be any the wiser.
Fibber-Beck- ok marra. Consider it done, 'done' in the same way all those who thought  their donations were going to a registered charity!
Turnip Head- you are a real mate Paul. The medals are the best quality we could get. I have two and I sure 'aint going to lower myself wear any old tat. I had me mam and then me dad penciled in for one each but those cnuts  Anth and Brash shafted me..

DRiddle

And this is the thing, how long would this have gone on for IF it hadn't been exposed via an internal leak and people ensuring it made it into the public domain? How many gold medals were purchased BEFORE the intention to buy one for Beck went public? I've been getting grief online from Labour CLP members who claim THEY stopped the purchase of expensive gold medals for out going Mayors. Be assured, the CLP, particularly the new crowd, knew literally NOTHING about the intent to but Beck a gold medal costing £2,000.

Hartlepool CLP and the council in general went into damage limitation mode because they realised the voting public would not be happy. They acted AFTER the exposure. The was no 'moral outrage', they were oblivious to what was going on and ARE oblivious to what's going on in other aspects of the ruling groups behaviour.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that if the proposed purchase of the medal hadn't came to light via social media,it would be in Beck's sock drawer or on its weight to 'cash for gold' once he'd realised it's scrap value.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on November 07, 2018, 12: PM
I've been getting grief online from Labour CLP members who claim THEY stopped the purchase of expensive gold medals for out going Mayors. Be assured, the CLP, particularly the new crowd, knew literally NOTHING about the intent to but Beck a gold medal costing £2,000.

Given most of the Labour Mob are/were members here under a variety of false IDs (Brash had two and used one to lavish praise on himself) you would think they would have at least been curious when they read this here back in 2016

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,3291.15.html

Perhaps you should remind them of their lack of curiosity compared to the current frenetic efforts to mitigate the damage now it is in the public domain.

fred c

I find it amusing in a perverse sort of way, the fact the Corbyn Pixies have convinced themselve that it was they who exposed the shenanigans and that the long time users of The Hartlepool Post had Sweet FA to do with it......

The glaring weakness in their belief is the fact most of them have only recently crawled out of the labmob woodwork......although to be blunt, a few of them crawled out of a cess pit as numerous screenshots bear witness to.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 07, 2018, 03: PM
I find it amusing in a perverse sort of way, the fact the Corbyn Pixies have convinced themselve that it was they who exposed the shenanigans and that the long time users of The Hartlepool Post had Sweet FA to do with it.
Would you expect anything else? They'll be claiming they discovered gravity, penicillin, the planets and the Theory of Relativity next, just give them time.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.