A Gold plated pre-election clanger?

Started by DRiddle, March 23, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on March 23, 2018, 02: PM
The chain is to be names after one of the SCABs.............
The way the minions come to heel I assume it's a choker lead chain.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

May I also add that any such award should be fittingly crafted in Iron Pyrites.

DRiddle

Interesting turn of events regarding this. According to one internet troll the ruckus caused by this going public has resulted in something of a U-turn and the alleged £1,975 gold medal is now a £600 one. The word is the initial purchase was a mistake by an over generous officer. I'll love to meet the officer with the autonomy to spend 2 grand on gold without the nod from the emperor.

The plot thickens... I sense a smokescreen starting to emerge. I wouldn't have thought you can get commissioned gold medals on sale or return.   

fred c

A Smokescreen..... more like a Sahara Dust Storm, i really don`t think you can purchase a £2,000 Gold Medal with the Best Mayor in the World stamped on it off the shelf.

I would have thought it would have had the Town Crest and an inscription praising Big Fibber Beck on it, so if they have already purchased The Medal it would be highly unlikely that a jeweller would take it on a Sale or Return basis.

This will end up as another Carpetgate explanation, even if it is all supposition what is really disturbing is that the blame is once again cast in the direction of an Officer...Is it any wonder officer are leaving.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It smells more than the bin out the back of the chippy.

So, it cost over £500 which means it will be itemised and detailed on an expenditure spreadsheet ?

Has the national press or Private Eye got wind of this yet ?
I don't believe it.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I think Mr. Riddle may be on the right track here -

Quote from: DRiddle on March 27, 2018, 10: AM
The plot thickens... I sense a smokescreen starting to emerge. I wouldn't have thought you can get commissioned gold medals on sale or return.   

Could it be a smokescreen to hide the recent purchase by HBC of £1,400+ worth of crampons ? - must be some really bad weather on the way.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on March 27, 2018, 11: AM
I think Mr. Riddle may be on the right track here -

Quote from: DRiddle on March 27, 2018, 10: AM

Could it be a smokescreen to hide the recent purchase by HBC of £1,400+ worth of crampons ? - must be some really bad weather on the way.

There must be some amazing story behind that ?
I don't believe it.

DRiddle

QuoteSo, it cost over £500 which means it will be itemised and detailed on an expenditure spreadsheet ?

I'm told it already is. Logged at £1,975. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the relevant spread sheet was leaked by one of the Labour members in the anti-scab camp.

Inspector Knacker

Might I suggest a commemorative paper clip, 6p and still too much.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 27, 2018, 01: PM
Might I suggest a commemorative paper clip, 6p and still too much.

Hmm ... a paper clip could be highly symbolic ... contorted, twisted, distorted ...  ;)

Nice

See H Blackwood is singing Mr Riddle's praises on his FB page - who would have thought....  :)

Inspector Knacker

He's like a windscreen wiper going from one side to the other, or the penny has finally dropped.

Johnny Bongo

If this 'medal purchase' is indeed true, then whoever thought of and authorised it should be forced to resign at such a blatant waste of Council tax payers money!   I sincerely hope that those HBC employees/ officers and/or councillors who have the evidence (and the ba**s), will let the Hartlepool public know just what this bunch of charlatans have wasted / stolen over the years! 

Inspector Knacker

It all boils down to, a medal for what exactly ? Just being there?
I recall no stunning contribution to civic life, no principled stands, no waves made, no boats rocked, just mundane acquiesance.
A medal? Seriously?

DRiddle

Update on this issue to follow soon. Not necessarily from me, but there have been developments since the leak. Which let us not forget did not come from me. I mentioned literally nothing about a medal. Merely about some crass wastage. The spread sheet the Hartlepool Post are allegedly in possession of referring to the acquisition of a gold medal (with specific costings and a councillors name on it) must have just entered the atmosphere via osmosis or witchcraft. Move along there's nothing to see here. Just like there wasn't with the carpets . . . Or MRA . . . Or the cafe in the crems accounts . . . Or Cranney trying to give me a clip . . . Or Cranney asking that granny if he'd slept with her . . . Or Dr Mikes Tooting connections . . . Or the common knowledge that the town plan would be scrapped before it was . . . The Hartlepool Post have got it all wrong. Just like they always do . . . #fakenews.