A Gold plated pre-election clanger?

Started by DRiddle, March 23, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Obviously the Labour spin machine is in full on election mode. Money for Pools, new dog waste bag dispensers, Rossmere Parks make over, the Bishop Cuthbert CCTV, spring cleaning in Owton Manor etc.

However, such is the lack of foresight and all round lack of grey matter at the sharp end of the local Labour group, all it would really take to undo all of the above is a stupid decision that would really get the hackles up of many of the more astute residents of the town.

Expensive council tax bills are still sat under fridge magnets or on people's hall way tables. The council are still bleating about government cuts and having no money etc.

What would happen if many and I mean MANY people within the civic centre became aware of a purchase so crass and wasteful that it pushed even the most 'silent head down and get on with the job' type of officers to speak out.

That would be bad timing in the run up to voting day.

Wouldn't it.  ;)

My understanding is every one from the cleaner right the way up to some of the senior officers are aware of the thing I'm alluding to. It's the talk of the civic amongst the staff.

Let's hope it doesn't leak out across the town before polling day eh Christopher?  ;)

jeffh

Quote from: DRiddle on March 23, 2018, 08: AM
Obviously the Labour spin machine is in full on election mode. Money for Pools, new dog waste bag dispensers, Rossmere Parks make over, the Bishop Cuthbert CCTV, spring cleaning in Owton Manor etc.

However, such is the lack of foresight and all round lack of grey matter at the sharp end of the local Labour group, all it would really take to undo all of the above is a stupid decision that would really get the hackles up of many of the more astute residents of the town.

Expensive council tax bills are still sat under fridge magnets or on people's hall way tables. The council are still bleating about government cuts and having no money etc.

What would happen if many and I mean MANY people within the civic centre became aware of a purchase so crass and wasteful that it pushed even the most 'silent head down and get on with the job' type of officers to speak out.

That would be bad timing in the run up to voting day.

Wouldn't it.  ;)

My understanding is every one from the cleaner right the way up to some of the senior officers are aware of the thing I'm alluding to. It's the talk of the civic amongst the staff.

Let's hope it doesn't leak out across the town before polling day eh Christopher?  ;)

I'm hearing that Theresa May could be contemplating a visit to Hartlepool.  The purpose is to view the Magic Money Tree that our Lab/Tor councillors seem to have discovered in Ward Jackson Park.

fred c

I heard a whisper about this from a Civic Insider, the SCABal have spent a wodge of council tax payers money on a Computer Controlled Automatic Bull***t Dispenser it has been installed in The Members Lounge....... In comradely fashion they take turns in filling it up.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Are they remodelling the statue of RWJ with a facelift in the image of the current council leader ?
I don't believe it.

DRiddle

Obviously as an elected member I'm very aware of purdah guidelines which actually kick in TODAY.

Hence why I'm probably not in a position to go into more detail about the specific nature of the thing that's the talk of the civic. However, as was the case with Manor Residents, WCNE, Carpet gate, SABs sacking etc. these things often have a way of finding their way into the public domain.

Lord Elpus

Funny, I was told this morning that the Labour Civic Leaders had decided to give Cllr Paul (I lied to Council) Beck, a very expensive golden medal as a parting gift to mark his mayoral year, to be present at the Annual Council Meeting.

£2000 worth I was told.

One thing is for certain this has seriously pished of a number of Council employees, all in it together my ar**.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Please tell me us council tax payers didn't foot the bill ?
I don't believe it.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 23, 2018, 11: AM

Where else could the money have come from, I'm told someone has a copy of the relevant spreadsheet

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 23, 2018, 11: AM
Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 23, 2018, 11: AM

Where else could the money have come from, I'm told someone has a copy of the relevant spreadsheet

Well that is 2 houses/families that worked and struggled this year just for the vanity of HCLP.
I don't believe it.

mk1

The chain is to be names after one of the SCABs.............

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on March 23, 2018, 02: PM

What ... serpentine?  ;)

DRiddle

fred c

This is worthy of a barrage of public question for the next full council meeting, half a dozen, more if possible should be asking the Leader of the council when these medals were first given to the Mayors, who has been awarded them and how much have they have cost the council tax payers.

Hartlepool Labour.....For the Few, Not the Many.....

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on March 23, 2018, 04: PM
This is worthy of a barrage of public question for the next full council meeting, half a dozen, more if possible should be asking the Leader of the council when these medals were first given to the Mayors, who has been awarded them and how much have they have cost the council tax payers.

Hartlepool Labour.....For the Few, Not the Many.....
So for a ceremonial position that we didn't want, it is now costing us £7900 per year plus a £2000 gong!

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on March 23, 2018, 02: PM

a*r**o** ?