First Bung of The Elections

Started by fred c, March 09, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

The first Labour Bung of this years council elections has just dropped through the letter box.

A 5 day window for Bulk Waste Collections in the Manor has once again be organised by SAB, MD & Barclay, it will run from Monday 19th March to Friday 23rd March from 7.30am to 3.30pm.

So, 40 hours x 2-4-6 operatives @ £15 per hour plus a vehicle / vehicles, who knows the actual assets required for this exercise ? it would be interesting to know how much this is going to cost the council tax payers ?

Is it time for Councillors Ward Budgets to be reintegrated into the councils general budget, I don't pay my rates for councillors to spend money on free waste collections, free fun weekends or free burgers and hotdogs.

stokoe

Can just imagine Barclay as the new benny sculley.joking aside yes costing us.

Devils advocate

definitely an election looming!

It is only in the past 2 to 3 weeks the remnants from a bonfire on Nov 5th 2017 have been removed from the old Brierton school field.

Strange when the current ceremonial mayor or his wife often walk a dog on that field but the rubbish often takes months to be removed, unless it's election time.

Some might say that it is nothing to do with Beck because it is not in his ward but if that is the case why does he donate to the "charity" that is the rifty.

fred c

Or the Rifty's Freebie Burgers and Hotdogs at the Fun Weekend.... ::)

Stokoe's "Ben Scully" was a name from the dim and distant past.    :)

Inspector Knacker

Just got my Labour manifesto through the letter box and their 'Past Achievements' page, where they're so good they included them twice.
They had one that mentioned £16.6m of external funding, from who exactly? Be a bit odd if it was from the government.
Another is the return of hospital services. Er, who signed the death warrant in the first place? Get real.
The piece de resistance was the news that Ann Marshall is the candidate for the Foggy Furze ward.
I've heard of desperation, but if/when she fails again which ward will be next?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 09, 2018, 09: PM
Just got my Labour manifesto through the letter box and their 'Past Achievements' page, where they're so good they included them twice.
They had one that mentioned £16.6m of external funding, from who exactly? Be a bit odd if it was from the government.
Another is the return of hospital services. Er, who signed the death warrant in the first place? Get real.
The piece de resistance was the news that Ann Marshall is the candidate for the Foggy Furze ward.

Well said!

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: stokoe on March 09, 2018, 10: AM
Can just imagine Barclay as the new benny sculley.joking aside yes costing us.

There's no need to insult hard working, respectable people....by comparing them to Barclay!

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 09, 2018, 09: PM

Ms Marshall VP of HCLP was recently very busy making a complete horses a**e of herself and her political views on a very popular local FB Page.

Inspector Knacker

I forgot, it also included two pages of 'Labour will....', followed by woolly aspirations that could have been sponsored by any producer of sleeping medication.
Their cover pages covered in local symbolism to emphasise their local credentials was as subtle as an elephant pirouetteing.
Oh and red print on a pink background never works, Oops!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stumped

I got one through my door at the weekend straight in the bin.

Nice

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 10, 2018, 09: AM
I forgot, it also included two pages of 'Labour will....', followed by woolly aspirations that could have been sponsored by any producer of sleeping medication.
Their cover pages covered in local symbolism to emphasise their local credentials was as subtle as an elephant pirouetteing.

Fred, I have already told you .... dont forget the 20 million zillion trillion quid she , and she alone, secured for Foggy Furze but rarely mentions it . She told me my figures on the £600,000 for Seaton Carew were wrong and I ask for correction - she must still be busy :-)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I received an e-mail from HCLP. No idea where they got my e-mail address from ...

KEYBOARD WARRIORS WANTED!

Dear member,

As part of the modernisation of our communications, Hartlepool Labour Party invite those of you who consider yourselves to be 'social media savvy' to join our Communications Forum.

The forum members will have several duties:
-To create/design material for output across social media platforms
-To manage online advertising campaigns.
-To gather information from across social media to feedback to our councillors (via GC) and influence policy.
-To write blog content on national issues.

If you think you could contribute to this in any way, please feel free to attend our next communications session at 18:30 on Wednesday 21st March (Hartlepool Enterprise Centre, Brougham Terrace, Hartlepool).

Please contact our Communications Officer, Tom Cook if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Tom Cook
Procedures Secretary

....Anth Frain must have RSI.
I don't believe it.

fred c

Whoever they get, I hope they are as efficient as Ann Marshall was during the Seaton Carew by election debacle........we can only hope they post under their own names, which will be a change for a few of them

fred c

Quote from: Nice on March 12, 2018, 03: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 10, 2018, 09: AM

Fred, I have already told you .... dont forget the 20 million zillion trillion quid she , and she alone, secured for Foggy Furze but rarely mentions it . She told me my figures on the £600,000 for Seaton Carew were wrong and I ask for correction - she must still be busy :-)

I'm not sure if she was busy or someone explained to her that when you're neck deep in Doo Doo you need to stop digging.... ::)

mk1

Quote from: fred c on March 12, 2018, 05: PM
Whoever they get, I hope they are as efficient as Ann Marshall was during the Seaton Carew by election debacle........we can only hope they post under their own names, which will be a change for a few of them

Given one of the main 'Andy Simms' shared ID trolls was elected to office and is deeply involved in setting up and running this 'Communications Forum' no change can be expected.