SAB back off the leash . . . Vanity projects? What vanity projects?

Started by DRiddle, February 25, 2018, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Just regarding full council on Thursday, regular attendees may have noticed it appears the disgraced former ceremonial Mayor and the bloke who was never legally a trustee of the Manor Residents Association (despite publicly resigning from such a position and being recognized formally as a trustee by the charity commission) has been allowed to contribute in debates again.

It always amuses me greatly when he feels compelled to 'chip in'.

Last week saw the bizarre situation of him commenting that he'd "never seen so much politics in a council chamber" after a couple of speeches by 'opposition Councillors'. Which was a very bizarre statement to make in a room full of democratically elected local politicians, sitting in a chamber built for the specific purpose of dealing with local politics.

Although to be honest, nothing he says surprises me anymore, it just makes me feel a bit sorry for him in the way one might feel a bit sad if you notice a three legged dog.

Then came the classic "Vanity projects? What vanity projects?" in response to an accusation from John Tennant that certain Labour councillors indulge in vanity projects.

"I'd love to know what these vanity projects are?" he said.

These words actually came from the mouth of the man who had council officers, in one of the most socially deprived boroughs in the United Kingdom, spend time and money organising a street parade so he could wear the red robes in the deluded hope that the people of Hartlepool would want to smile and wave at him.

I know for a fine fact that posters were designed, staff were tasked with organisation of it (when they could have been doing their real work) and money was set aside for food beverages and associated costs.

Ultimately he bottled in when he eventually woke up (after much prompting from the public) to the likelihood of civil unrest.

I'm not really sure how i'd describe the whole 'mayoral parade thing'.

I'd probably use the term ............ vanity project.

fred c

I remember it well, The Handsome one was extremely keen to show the good people of Hartlepool what a 'magnificent spectacle' his parade would be.......I heard an Open Carriage was spoken off for the Grand Parade.

Unfortunately civil unrest in the form of half a dozen users of the Post Forum scuppered the plans of SAB, as it happens, 3 blokes and a dog turned up and managed to take some photographs of Handsome Ste alighting from the council Limo.

It was intended to be an Ego Boosting Vanity Project by the mayor, unfortunately for him, it proved that for some people getting a kick in the ego is a damaging to them, as it is for most of getting a kick in the Maraca's

mk1

Quote from: fred c on February 25, 2018, 12: PM

Unfortunately civil unrest in the form of half a dozen users of the Post Forum scuppered the plans of SAB, as it happens, 3 blokes and a dog turned up and managed to take some photographs of Handsome Ste alighting from the council Limo.

If I remember correctly the heffalump took exception when someone started taking photos of his lack of drawing power outside the church in Park Road. A constable was summoned and told to remove the record taker but as no crime was being committed it could not be prevented. 

Here is the sad loser surrounded by the cheering crowd....................

It was these two clumsy clowns who damaged the Mayor's Chain so badly it had to be sent away for repair. I believe SAB sat on it and he broke a section off and squashed one of the crowns.

Johnny Bongo

I see there's a portrait of Queen Vic near to the broken 'sceptre'?.   Maybe the sceptre snapped because SAB was attempting a Prince Albert! :o

fred c

It's very difficult to know which one of them, SAB or CAB likes themselves the most...... they both have exhibitionist tendencies, look no further than the coiffured hairstyles, the diarrhoea wedding outfits, and who could forget the ChoccyWoocydoodah and the Thrones

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So Fred gets a ban for speaking the truth and they literally could not be more disrespectful by damaging the town chains of office and it gets brushed under the carpets.

Vanity and mid life crisis are a toxic combination.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on February 25, 2018, 03: PM
It's very difficult to know which one of them, SAB or CAB likes themselves the most...... they both have exhibitionist tendencies, look no further than the coiffured hairstyles, the diarrhoea wedding outfits, and who could forget the ChoccyWoocydoodah and the Thrones
I bet there's love bites on the mirror.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Read how overworked CAB has to struggle to combine his full-time job with his responsibility as a Councillor

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/posts/1833551433331365?comment_id=1833750373311471&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R7%22%7D

I am wondering why no one has pulled him for his vanity project disasters. Seems a missed open goal to me.

mk1

Seems like CAB has deleted his comments on the Mail page. The link in my last post is now dead. For those who missed it he asked people to come to one of his 'consultations' and speak to him. It was mentioned that the person he was inviting worked full-time and thus could not lose wages to  attend. CAB pointed out that he too had a full-time job but that he could find the time-implying that everyone else could make the same sacrifice. He has a job but its a non-job where he  has awarded himself the contract and he is  his own boss and where he hardly ever shows up.

kevplumb

usual tactics thought he might try it

missed the first bit  :-[
makes interesting reading a large dollop of hypocrisy in that post  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on February 25, 2018, 12: PM
Quote from: fred c on February 25, 2018, 12: PM

If I remember correctly the heffalump took exception when someone started taking photos of his lack of drawing power outside the church in Park Road. A constable was summoned and told to remove the record taker but as no crime was being committed it could not be prevented. 

Here is the sad loser surrounded by the cheering crowd....................

It was these two clumsy clowns who damaged the Mayor's Chain so badly it had to be sent away for repair. I believe SAB sat on it and he broke a section off and squashed one of the crowns.

Two points here;
Who paid for the Mayor of Trumpton tribute act and the face on the damaged chains, was it Queen Victoria or CAB, the likeness is uncanny. We should be told.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Two points here;
Who paid for the Mayor of Trumpton tribute act and the face on the damaged chains, was it Queen Victoria or CAB, the likeness is uncanny. We should be told.

There's no need to insult a miserable old queen, is there!

kevplumb

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 26, 2018, 11: AM
Two points here;

There's no need to insult a miserable old queen, is there!
;D ;D ;D ;D

admin

Come on chaps - play nice. Humour, yes - homophobic allusions, no.