Mike Hill steps into Oakesway Business Park housing row.

Started by Inspector Knacker, February 22, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

According to the Mail, he said,
' Political opportunism showed its ugly face also this week when the Tory Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen intervened in a planning application for housing on the Oakesway Business Park.
I have personally visited businesses there previously and am due to visit the TMD Friction factory soon, where no doubt I will get to know from brilliant business leaders like Bryan Flicker of Helios Precision Engineering, also based there, about the conflict between business needs and the demand for local affordable housing.
Of course I would never jeopardise jobs as MP, but equally I would hope that the Mayor recognised that and ceased playing on the minds of real workers over unquantifiable job risks without consulting me.'

The funny thing is, Super Mike starts with a dig at the opposition as expected, but fails to realise that TMD were on the telly expressing their opposition, so I doubt a visit from Super Mike will suddenly change minds. He ends by putting himself alongside the workers who may not exactly agree with him, and modestly insist the Mayor consult him first on such matters. Comedy classic.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

He must be bl**dy fit the number of bandwagons he jumps on  ;D ;D ;D

makes a lot of noise and says nothing  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.