hbc allowance rise meeting watch cook shouting alan

Started by jawsbbc, July 02, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: marky on July 02, 2017, 11: AM
Quote from: jawsbbc on July 02, 2017, 10: AM
wish i could lip read watch cook 26 mins in ALAN ALAN https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/videos/vb.156269291059596/1580907748595736/?type=2&theater

Whispering instructions to new Chairnam Paul Beck
Whispering?, wouldn't you just leave it to the ventriloquist? Gottle of geer anyone?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Watch how Cook gets Beck's attention by slapping the table before giving him instructions (extreme left of view)

https://youtu.be/FgZ6mEsbhoY
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jeffh

Looking at the video it's now apparent that the reason the ruling group wanted to turn their backs on the public isn't so much they didn't want to see us but more they don't want to see their opposition.  They show a total lack of respect for fellow councillors not even having the decency to listen to the alternate point of view- that includes those who now say they are sorry and somebody earlier today was trying to group them with professionals.

Does anybody know when the trial period of the current seating layout ends?

fred c

I doubt that the seating arrangements will revert to there previous arrangement, I also doubt it's because of the opposition, it's more likely that they can't look the public in the eye.

A HBC councillor is never off duty, I already have enough money and i don't need the allowance increase, I didn't bother with another job, i dedicated myself to the council, I will donate my increased allowance to good causes close to my heart.

How do you you look hard pressed council tax payers in the eye when you can come out with that bulls**t.  :( :(

seaton

TBH I have tried to listen too various videos of Council Meetings and basically it's all gobbley gook, is it any better at the Meetings ?
In this day and age you can go to a theatres/concerts and everything is crystal clear even at Pools.
Me being cynical do they not want you to hear what's being said ?

steveL

No, I wouldn't be optimistic about it reverting back either. When it was suggested that having their backs to the public was one of the reasons proceedings were hard to hear, Alexander shook her head; I suspect it was her idea in the first place.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with Devlin a while back when he stated that his first responsibility was to protect the reputation of the council. Trouble is they don't distinguish between 'the council' as an administrative organisation and the Labour group who control it. The result is that the administration thinks it has a responsibility to protect the reputation of the Labour Group - and that's where a lot of the problems start.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

TBH I have tried to listen too various videos of Council Meetings and basically it's all gobbley gook, is it any better at the Meetings ?
In this day and age you can go to a theatres/concerts and everything is crystal clear even at Pools.
Me being cynical do they not want you to hear what's being said ?

DRiddle

There's always attempts to stifle my contribution and the contribution of others in debate. It seldom comes from the actual chair, more often than not it comes from the floor, with it typically coming from the front bench of the Labour group. There are also several times when the intervention has came indirectly from the chair via the CEO. I hope nobody bothers wasting time challenging me on that by the way, there are many examples of it on camera.

In the example above, i'd had to listen to a load of predictable rubbish from Labour about how the council allowance should be on a par with that of other authrorities. I was attempting to point out that if that's the case, then we should expect councillors themselves to be on a par with those in other authorities (i.e not be jailed for fraud and such like).

People who were there will also remember i had to try about 5 times to move an amendement which was essentially the same type of amendment Alan Clarke had moved two years prior. Clarks amendment sailed through where as i had to battle to get mine to be accepted by the chair (who was taking direction from the front bench).

The chair attempted time and time again to end my contribution and to not allow my amendment. In the end, due to persistence from myself and others around me, he had to accept it. That's not how things are supposed to operate in a council chamber. But then we know this is no ordinary council chamber.

The lastest thing from Labour seems to be to try to prevent all reference to Manor Residents Association/Angie Wilcox/Fraud/prison etc. form even being whispered in the council chamber.

It's too late for that now. The time for stopping that was 4 years ago and stopping her from actually committing the fraud, not from stopping opposition councillors from making reference to it.

fred c

I did notice that The Mayor / Chair..... or should that be, the mayor / chair was obviously taking direction from the front bench or the stand in CE........ nothing new in that of course, Lying Ste, Mary Fleet and Cook all had to be pointed in the direction of travel.

I did notice that on Beck' entrance he attempted to rival Lying Ste for pomposity, he won't be allowed to do that again, no-one can do pompous like Handsome Lying Ste.

I did notice 3 or 4 people showed a reluctance to stand when Beck entered the chamber, understandable of course, he certainly doesn't deserve any respect, the 'Big Fibber' even less after the 'For for More' vote, I wonder, how would the CE, react if all the opposition councillors and members of the public remained seated when he entered the chamber...... would we all be chucked out ?

jawsbbc

was cook saying turn his microphone down  watch his hand gestures  to alan barclay ?? 26 mins

Land Phil

When it came to the vote for the 31%, somebody should have played a recording of Angie shouting not a penny more.

(That time on the Kremlin steps when opposing the bedroom 'tax')

mk1

The 'crowd' is nearly all MRA staff with Wright and at least one Labour Councillor.
Perhaps they could start using that megaphone in Council meetings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zj1HPQxkxY&index=22&list=PLQPwV8ytVLXH2bcWzdErdFNuPm_pfVCHS