king oswy and hartlepool post mention, must be doing something right

Started by jawsbbc, May 30, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

KING OSWY PUB DEVELOPMENT
Work has started on site and the foundations they have been digging look a little different to what I'd expected them to be based on the site layout submitted at planning (I'm a qualified surveyor so know what I'm looking at).
Does anyone know if there are any alterations submitted that perhaps haven't made their way to the planning portal yet?
LikeShow More ReactionsComment
2 2
Comments
Shel Winspear
Shel Winspear Would imagine that they would need to go on to the planning portal as a revision to allow people to comment/object or whatever. I'd email the planning officer leading on it and ask the question
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 19 hrs
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell I'm going to have a closer look when I walk the dog later, after I've had another look at the plans.

I still think (as per my original objections) that the site is too dense and will introduce too much additional traffic (as well as traffic joining/leaving the road) on an accident blackspot. There have been two pretty serious collisions in the last month. One a car and a van at Bruntoft and another into the bus stop outside the church. That makes it roughly 3-4 accidents a year for the last 17 years.

There are two schools and a church adjacent to the site.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 19 hrs · Edited
Diane Kennedy
Diane Kennedy Traffic is an absolute nightmare around here already at school times, I'm often stuck on our estate as cars double park on the only access road. God forbid any emergency services ever have to get through.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 18 hrs
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell Diane, I used to live on the corner of Bruntoft opposite the pub, I currently live along the boundary of the new estate. Which to be honest didn't give due consideration to the amount of traffic and the fact that parents from the school would simply use it's access roads for pick up parking.

At 8-9am, it's impossible to get past. A mate of mine used to drive the bin wagons and often just turned around to come back later.

As far as introducing houses along the edge of the road at the Oswy site goes, it reduces sight lines for drivers, which the pub did not because it was set back from the road.

All of those houses will have cars and be accessing the road.

I saw some ridiculous crashes on the corner when there was less traffic on the road.
Diane Kennedy
Diane Kennedy I know it's a nightmare, I lived in bruntoft and now live in the new houses opposite st hilds. Visibility is a nightmare on king Oswy drive as people park right on the junctions and you can't see round them to pull out. That bottom end is bad where the church is and with reduced visibility on the opposite corner it's gonna be awful.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 18 hrs
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell All of this was included in my objection in planning.

As it goes, this passed through planning in under four minutes......
Diane Kennedy
Diane Kennedy Who is it that is building on there? The same as who has built ours
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell No, different company, but if I remember correctly, it's one of the Wynyard Homes (Seneca post re-brand) directors who has financed it.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 18hrs

Write a reply...
Choose File
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell As it goes, I've seen Steve Thomas and another man out on King Oswy Drive during the morning school run making an assessment of the traffic situation, I believe this is at the request of one or both schools.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 17 hrs
Steve Murray
Steve Murray Bungalows, semi detached, 8 in total. Planing officer approval.
Would take it that the previous owner sorted that out.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 15 hrs
Steve Gooderham
Steve Gooderham Does anyone know who owns the site ?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 15 hrs
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell Yes.
Steve Gooderham
Steve Gooderham OK ..... who ?
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell I normally don't approve of Hartlepool Post as a source, but I've checked and their info is good on this.

They have also pulled most of the relevant stuff into one place....

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/article_king%20oswy%20pub

The Hartlepool Post
King Oswy pub Development
HARTLEPOOLPOST.CO.UK
Steve Gooderham
Steve Gooderham Thanks James. I'll check it iut
Steve Murray
Steve Murray Strange one this. This approval was two days before the planning meeting which approved 32 bungalows in Dalton, for the same company
Steve Murray
Steve Murray Chair of the meeting. Wells
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell Steve Murray, I believe you attended this one. Did my objection get mentioned at all?
Steve Murray
Steve Murray Which one
Steve Murray
Steve Murray The original one,? In that case all objections were ignored
Jämes Campbell
Jämes Campbell Yeah, so my two pages explaining the lines of sight, traffic volume surveys and documenting each accident I'd witnessed since 2000 didn't merit a mention?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 14 hrs
Steve Murray
Steve Murray Totally ignored

Write a reply...
Choose File
Steve Murray
Steve Murray Only councillor who spoke was Wells, fully supported the application, asked the committee to support his view and approve.
Which they did.
Shel Winspear
Shel Winspear What is the planning reference number?
Steve Murray
Steve Murray At this time of night!!!!
Shel Winspear
Shel Winspear Yeah it's not hard to get. My wifi is intermittent
Steve Murray
Steve Murray And mine is virtually non existent

Alnwickist

H/2017/0102   LAND AT FORMER KING OSWY PH
KING OSWY DRIVE
HARTLEPOOL
TS24 9PD
Erection of 8no. semi detached bungalows and 1no. detached bungalow with associated access, car parking, landscaping and means of enclosure