Jobs Indeed

Started by steveL, October 22, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl

Scabs and Co need to spend less time on facial book and twatter and maybe occasionally do some research on Linkedin......

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/decomm/122339/decom-series-turf-wars-north-seas-next-30-years/

Note "30 years"

kevplumb

blyth is where i started serving my time
with old ernie colpitt
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: steveL on October 24, 2016, 03: PM
Bit of a coincidence but worth a look. Just one thing about the Combined Authority - since pushing us all into this without a referendum CAB has failed to attend any of its monthly meetings other than the initial, inaugural meeting. I think he managed to send Cranney to one as his Deputy.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/lucrative-business-is-up-for-grabs-and-hartlepool-s-the-place-to-find-out-more-1-8197009

CAB was on local TV news last week, on a jolly to London with his CA cohorts for a meeting with Majid Javid.
Obviously very selective as to which meetings he attends, it was also noticeable that there wasn't much communication with him from the others.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

DRiddle

I realise as a 'remainer' I'm in the minority on this forum but in light of recent news I thought I'd dredge up this thread.

It'll be interesting to see, following Brexit and the current political climate in the North East, what NISSAN decide regarding production of their new car next month.

Is it a good time commit billions of pounds worth of investment into the North East of a country about to leave the biggest trading economy of the planet, if you're a foreign multi national company?

Time will tell.

That quote was from 2 years ago.

The next few months are going to get messy. The Tories during a long period in government usually find a way to make the pound crash. It looks like that time is coming again.

pieface

Quote from: DRiddle on February 03, 2019, 01: PM
I realise as a 'remainer' I'm in the minority on this forum but in light of recent news I thought I'd dredge up this thread.

It'll be interesting to see, following Brexit and the current political climate in the North East, what NISSAN decide regarding production of their new car next month.

Is it a good time commit billions of pounds worth of investment into the North East of a country about to leave the biggest trading economy of the planet, if you're a foreign multi national company?

Time will tell.

That quote was from 2 years ago.

The next few months are going to get messy. The Tories during a long period in government usually find a way to make the pound crash. It looks like that time is coming again.

I agree with you on this. The north east is going to be hit very badly from Brexit and sadly jobs will be lost with no plans to replace them or just ones requiring little skills.  For many years the North East was not ignored with significant public sector jobs growth and UK as well as EU government grants for them enabled employment to find but that is not the case now and never can be again without substantial tax increases. We are a small nation in a globalised world.

I was going to continue with more reasons but the BBC article sums it up well..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47115753

Heknocks68

And the way to redress the issue? ...only elect educated individuals that can agree on sonething or things?
  So were does that leave us? What do we need, versus, what have we got!!!! What have we got, or left with, that could remotely be trusted or relied upon? To do the right thing or things!!! There are those that try, often with such futility, that, the only option readily available is to , well, walk, dispence with ones own services for no other reason, than it is futile to consider future progression, you are damned beyond all hope. Damned if you do and Damned if you do. There is....only...One End for you, the little guy.