Jobs Indeed

Started by steveL, October 22, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BresslawoffoftheBunker

'Dead end jobs'.    There are some decent jobs there.   

Nice bit of offence thrown at people who currently do these valuable jobs !!!

Land Phil

If you think they are quality jobs then you need to get out more, you are obviously not well travelled.

Lord Elpus

I reiterate my key point; 'How many offer a wage and security to enable a young family to pay a modest mortgage and survive'.

I have young friends who are unable to obtain a job which would allow them to raise a family or plan a future in spite of having decent qualifications.

To me a job which does not allow these things and is based on exploiting employees is a dead end job. 

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Great Dictator on October 23, 2016, 01: PM

Like most of the North East we are a holding town for the old, lazy and uneducated, many of our adults can barely read or write.

Thats why we are left with no facilities like Hospitals, Courts and a proper newspaper.

I would hate to be around in 50 years, god help us  :'(
You appear to have a stunning insight into a profile of the town workforce and the populace in general. Hmmm
As for the courts, hospitals etc, I suggest you direct your fire at those who purport to represent us politically, as the idea of a mob with burning torches, burning tyres and pitchforks tends not to win the approval of those in authority.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

When you look closely at our 5000 unemployed you will find that a large proportion have drink, drug, discipline or some form of mental illness.

Then look at the % of either lazy folk or those that prefer moonlighting or even lazy-itis.

The 5000 is now 500 hence the next Nissan or Hitachi will look elsewhere.

Our bright young students will go to university and not return, you can't blame the council for that either.

Like most of the North East we are a holding town for the old, lazy and uneducated, many of our adults can barely read or write.

Thats why we are left with no facilities like Hospitals, Courts and a proper newspaper.

Let me guess you would have them all flogged at dawn them stick em in the Army to learn some discipline guy.......?

Where exactly do the figures you quote come from ? The Viz book of political research?

When did you attend one of our local schools and see the next generation studying and passing exams?

The problem or part of the problem is funding for regeneration or jobs being placed in the hands of a group of people who have never had a real job in their lives and look upon funding as a private source of "venture" capital or hope to turn Hartlepool into some kind of Pink theme park pandering to their bizarre view of normal life I.e don't bother working for a living milk the public purse and mince your way up the ladder ....a heck of an example to the next generation.

A huge problem is the labour part looking back ( or behind them perhaps it's a necessary precaution when dealing with Mr and Mrs)

Get real the pits will never open again, we won't be producing steel, ships will never be built in Hartlepool again consequently neither will marine engines ( look it up = Richardson s)

If the piggies bothered raising their snouts out of the trough they would see the North Sea.

Two things are going to happen there over next few years

Wind farms
Dogger Bank wind farm biggest in world 7-10 year build
Anglian 1 400 towers 7 year build
Beatrice 5 years

Forget the fantasy that they won't be built they will and Hartlepool is well placed to be heavily involved in planning fabrication construction and operation of these assets.

Decommissioning

As assets age and are shut down the governments of Europe demand they are de commissioned and all trace removed. Read that again...all

Able marine I ramping up for the shell Brent but the word in the marine sector is that the big boom period will be 2017 to 2020 and onwards.

These are the industries the fantasists at hbc should be pointing their snouts at....not bloody second hand shops and redeveloping the marina yet again.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on October 24, 2016, 07: AM

............in the hands of a group of people who have never had a real job in their lives...........

Was that you on Question Time?

kevplumb

When you look closely at our 5000 unemployed you will find that a large proportion have drink, drug, discipline or some form of mental illness.

Then look at the % of either lazy folk or those that prefer moonlighting or even lazy-itis.

Our bright young students will go to university and not return, you can't blame the council for that either.

Let me guess you would have them all flogged at dawn them stick em in the Army to learn some discipline guy.......?

Where exactly do the figures you quote come from ? The Viz book of political research?

When did you attend one of our local schools and see the next generation studying and passing exams?

The problem or part of the problem is funding for regeneration or jobs being placed in the hands of a group of people who have never had a real job in their lives and look upon funding as a private source of "venture" capital or hope to turn Hartlepool into some kind of Pink theme park pandering to their bizarre view of normal life I.e don't bother working for a living milk the public purse and mince your way up the ladder ....a heck of an example to the next generation.

A huge problem is the labour part looking back ( or behind them perhaps it's a necessary precaution when dealing with Mr and Mrs)

Get real the pits will never open again, we won't be producing steel, ships will never be built in Hartlepool again consequently neither will marine engines ( look it up = Richardson s)

If the piggies bothered raising their snouts out of the trough they would see the North Sea.

Wind farms
Beatrice 5 years

Forget the fantasy that they won't be built they will and Hartlepool is well placed to be heavily involved in planning fabrication construction and operation of these assets.

Decommissioning

As assets age and are shut down the governments of Europe demand they are de commissioned and all trace removed. Read that again...all

Able marine I ramping up for the shell Brent but the word in the marine sector is that the big boom period will be 2017 to 2020 and onwards.

These are the industries the fantasists at hbc should be pointing their snouts at....not bloody second hand shops and redeveloping the marina yet again.

well said sir
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on October 24, 2016, 08: AM

............in the hands of a group of people who have never had a real job in their lives...........

Was that you on Question Time?

Nope I was working....offshore....building a wind farm!

steveL

Wind farms
Beatrice 5 years

Decommissioning

Apart from the unnecessary side-swipe at all things pink, I agree with nearly all of that. In fact, thinking back to the days when the Victoria Harbour 'Vision' was unceremoniously dumped, I remember the spin telling us that it had been decided to make Hartlepool the East Coast Hub for turbine manufacturing and support - possibly the first use of that word 'Hub' in a local context.

JDR have been the only shining light to come out of such rhetoric and it wasn't long before the focus was switched to low-pay service jobs which are not going to solve any of the town's long-term problems.

Personally, I'd like to see the College of FE become more of a centre for what I would call Green Engineering possibly with a link-up to Durham University. We're ideally placed to get involved in both Wind and Wave Power and one thing that is never going to run out is the human race's thirst for energy.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

akarjl

Agreed Steve.

Blyth is a good example.. despite having a tiny wind farm off shore they are ramping up for renewables and have just built an offshore training center.

The college tie in us a good idea. Aviation related courses always struck me as odd....where's the nearest source of aviation jobs?

The pink references were as a result of hbcs odd belief in their warped concept of culture driven,no doubt by Mr and Mrs.

Artisan coffee shops paying minimum wages up and down Church street is not what the town needs.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on October 24, 2016, 12: PM

The pink references were as a result of hbcs odd belief in their warped concept of culture driven,no doubt by Mr and Mrs.

You missed a few, Mr & Mr Wells and Mizz Alexander.

testing times

Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong but don't the majority, if not all, the current batch of wind-turbines emanate from Germany? For the life of me I fail to see why the UK isn't capable of producing its own. You would think that an island with a coastline like ours would be at the forefront of such technology.

On the aviation point, I would agree with that save to point out that the two areas are not unrelated.

steveL

Bit of a coincidence but worth a look. Just one thing about the Combined Authority - since pushing us all into this without a referendum CAB has failed to attend any of its monthly meetings other than the initial, inaugural meeting. I think he managed to send Cranney to one as his Deputy.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/lucrative-business-is-up-for-grabs-and-hartlepool-s-the-place-to-find-out-more-1-8197009
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

akarjl

Quote from: testing times on October 24, 2016, 03: PM
Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong but don't the majority, if not all, the current batch of wind-turbines emanate from Germany? For the life of me I fail to see why the UK isn't capable of producing its own. You would think that an island with a coastline like ours would be at the forefront of such technology.

On the aviation point, I would agree with that save to point out that the two areas are not unrelated.

Actually no http://www.4coffshore.com/windfarms/windfarms.aspx?windfarmid=UK36

fred c

Wind farms
Beatrice 5 years

Decommissioning

Ditto.....wish I had thought ot that.... 1 thing for certain, none of The LabTorMob could have thought of that.