Who Cares NE Community Interest Company

Started by notinshadow, April 11, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

I wasn't aware of C.A.B. involvement  :o

I removed the Creditgate link but it can easily be found by all.

Stevef

Originally the company was setup on the4 15/03/2010  with four directors,

A Wilcox,   K Cranney,   E McGrath   and  R Harriman.

However due to the concerns raise at HBC over the awarding of the contract to roll out Connected Care across the town it was decided that the company should take on additional directors from around the town.

This meant that on the 16/11/2011 an additional eight directors were appointed.

C Akers-Belcher,  M Coxon,   V Evens,   P Nugent,  A Sedgwick,   P Todd,  M Walker and D Wise.

Quite how that compensates for fraudulent accounting or blatant cronyism, I don't know; But it's now obvious that this information was available to anyone who choose to look.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

notinshadow

The Great Dictator

notinshadow

So did Stonham/Home group lose out on price/service provided or because this crowd are Labour councillors?.

I guess I have just answered my own question.

steveL

The 'extra' non-executive directors were appointed as a sop to Hartlepool Voluntary Development Agency (HVDA) who were not happy that other community groups who were providing the same services never got  a look in when it came to awarding the £640,000 contract. Manor Residents had been described by Mad Dog's Scrutiny Forum as being 'unique' in providing such services - it wasn't true.

No doubt the other community groups will be hoping to pick up some of the crumbs from the Who Cares table but we'll see.

I think we need to be careful of tarring every community group with the same brush. Some have good reputations for being well managed and very effective - West View springs to mind and the Wharton Annexe does good work. I suspect that they were well aware of the shennigans at Manor which may well explain why they were so pis*ed off about how things were done.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

notinshadow

If K.C. wasn't the best director of a company, why does he hold 4 directorships with these community groups.

testing times

Mr Drummond's response is quite special. Who was it who used the phrase 'this rudderless ship'?
. . . and Mr NotinShadow, please stop asking difficult questions  ;D

notinshadow

I haven't got that far yet Mr T  :D

So thinking about it, K.C. clearly had financial issues with his last company but that's not an issue here, as James, C.A.B., K.C., A.W., S.A.B., and many more will see our money pumped into this business to ensure it's survival.

So what's the problem?  >:(

Why wouldn't you trust a man that had a business that knocked £340,000?  from the people he did business with.

This is Hartlepool and this type cavallier approach is used all the time.

I wonder why Stonham/Home group didn't get the contract!!

not4me

This is too big to simply fade away as I reckon some people are hoping

notinshadow

This is the thing that puzzles me..If this outfit are doing a good job, providing a first rate service and prove to be value for money, then I take my hat of to those involved.

But what happens to those involved if it isn't?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Isn't it more to the point that they have some very dodgy looking accounts and some dodgy looking people involved in the organisation.

Dumbo's lack of interest in investigating how the money he looks after is being spent shows he is an illegitimate leader.

Wells hiding behind a political answer shows he would be no good for the job wither.

Does the council run an excuses for not doing anything training course ?
I don't believe it.

notinshadow

I haven't got to the accounts yet! don't rush me  ;)

I don't understand why when HBC are looking for work for their own manpower (solar panels etc) why they would give a contact out of this size.

Surely their own staff would have been able to install an outside light/hand rail.

Is it all different budgets?

not4me

. . . depends if one of the relations involved is a handyman . . . or a 'senior' handyman if you happen to be the handyman's Dad  :o

christine blakey

What do you mean about solar panels?

Has a contract been offered out for Solar Panels as part of the Handyman service?