same old, same old ...

Started by steveL, April 10, 2012, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Lost track of how many time The Mail has regurgitated this story . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

I think the difference with this story is that this time the Trust aren't waiting on the government to make a decision. Instead of going down the traditional PFI route that was the norm under the last government, which would tie the Trust into expensive maintainance contracts etc, they have found another way of funding it.

Whilst we may not want it, this proposal is better as they have found a pension fund who are basically willing to give them a morgage for the new hospital. It is a win win for the Trust and pension fund as the Trust gets a new hospital minus the expensive extra costs that usually come with a PFI hospital and the pension fund has made a good investment which willmake them and their members a profit for future pensions.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: The Shadow on April 10, 2012, 10: AM

Whilst we may not want it, this proposal is better as they have found a pension fund who are basically willing to give them a morgage for the new hospital. It is a win win for the Trust and pension fund as the Trust gets a new hospital minus the expensive extra costs that usually come with a PFI hospital and the pension fund has made a good investment which willmake them and their members a profit for future pensions.
A great deal for everyone, .......... except the mugs who'll need to use it. ::)
As for the Mail, so out of touch with the town, I sometimes get the feeling it's been subcontracted out to be  run by journalism students in a technical college in some obscure former Soviet Republic as an exam project.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

There is something fudamentally wrong with the attitude of the North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trust, if they can consider it a "Win Win" situation, to leave over 150,000 people with inadequate Accident & Emergency cover for years to come.

Mr Foster can dress it up in as many "Frilly Frocks" as he wants, the "New World Class" hospital to built at Wynyard, will at some point prove to be detrimental to the health of people from Hartlepool & East Durham, i for one wouldn`t be too optimistic of surviving a heart attack at 7.30am on a monday morning.

On a brighter note..... if my pension was with the "Lender" ... my widow would be better off.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Riddler5 ...in terms of the Mail being run by students.

The Hospital march was some time ago but it was covered by the Mail by 2 young lads ...one giving a croggy to the other on the back of his BMX.
The bike rider took the photos and the one on the back did his best to target anybody over 90 for an opinion.

There may have been other people from the Mail around but this gave the impression of a school rag production team.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

What ever happened to the Mail we knew ......?  It's now just a news lite Hartlepool edition of the Sunderland Echo, full of frothy nothingness. Shame, we need a campaigning local paper with it's finger on the pulse and look what we ended up with. ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.