Bargain Basement Law and Order

Started by Scoggy Paddock, April 08, 2012, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoggy Paddock

I heard from a reliable source from within the organisation, that the Hartlepool Police panda cars are restricted to 20 miles per shift to save money. It would certainly account for them appearing to be constantly parked up next to the police station.

Anybody else got any info on this?

The Shadow

I heard something similar.

To be honest it can't all be a bad thing. Having most of them parked up should encourage them to walk their beats more and thus actually engage with the people they serve.

It'll also have the added benefit of keeping them in good physical condition which will help them pass their new annual fitness test which is being brought in.

steveL

Never understood why Police cars weren't converted to LPG. It costs about £800 per car, I gather, but saves a lot of money in running costs.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rabbit

Apparantly Humberside Police have been using LPG vehicles for some time.

So if John Prescott gets the Commissioners job, he could advise the national forces from his local knowlege.

fred c

Quote from: rabbit on April 08, 2012, 01: PM
Apparantly Humberside Police have been using LPG vehicles for some time.

So if John Prescott gets the Commissioners job, he could advise the national forces from his local knowlege.

He could advise The National Forces on how to run their vehicles on B******T.

Another example of a National Politician not knowing when, Enuf is Enuf.

The possibiltity of Politicising our police forces is something the general public should be aware off, we have had a perfect example of the wrong man in the wrong job here in Hartlepool.

fred c

Apologies for wandering off-topic...... But i agree that Cleveland Police could look into the LPG Option.

christine blakey

Police Forces are already political. 

There is also the issue that in order to look good, crimes are seen as civil so it does not need to be recorded.  I feel that is the only way that Cleveland Police have been noted as Police Force of the Year 2010-2012.

Shepherd

Cleveland police, police force of the year...Not even on their mothers side!

There must be some really poor police forces out there if ours is a top draw outfit!

I have two friends who are Police Officers, they both think the force stinks and is riddled with incompetence, corruption and vested interests being served!

One is a Inspector with 20+ years service, the other a Sergeant with 15+ years service.

I know people bleat about work, but this is a different order of magnitude.

notinshadow

Cleveland Police own 246 diesel cars as of March 11th this year.
These cars clock up in 3 years 150,000 miles each.
I would be extremely concerned if cars travelling at 100mph had gas bottles in the boot for two reasons.

1, The way the car would handle at top speed.
2, In the event of an accident at that speed, you could have a bomb going off.

Bit in fairness the counter argument would be this.

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/danger.html or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXS21uh6lc

christine blakey

Shepherd, you are very right.

It is probably linked to the facts that many concerns such as thosed posed about Manor Residents Association (though I am still waiting for Angie to ring me back to confirm a balanced argument) are rife in Hartlepool.

If the Police did something about it, the concerns over abuse of power, position and public monies would be much lower.

We cannot expect perfection but we should have a much firmer and professional Police Force. 

At the moment I feel these are the issues we should be considering and resolving before LPG gets a look in!

Shepherd

Christine, I admire your sense of fair play, but I suspect you are flogging a dead horse if you expect and answer from  'the embezzler', let alone an honest one.

Good luck on that score, you a will need it, with my full support!!!!.

We deserve much better form our elected representatives and out police force!

christine blakey

I will always give people the chance to explain though with my knowledge of charitable law, I am appalled about the evidence presented.

It should all be presented to the Charity Commission.

The Police should already be looking into it.

I feel that those being investigated should be suspended, and I raise concern that HBC or the Police have not demanded that. 

Look what happened to John Marshall?  Why such aggressive action towards him?

I have tinnitus and it is an awful illness.  This in itself was Disability Discrimination; to complain about someone who simply raises their voice because of this drill in their ears and pounces on it as evidence.

When comparing and contrasting like professional adults, the bias is stalk.

Lord Elpus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-17656604

'An ambulance was stolen from outside a Teesside house by joyriders, police have said.

The vehicle was taken at 01:40 BST on Sunday while paramedics were inside the property at Wynyard Close in Hartlepool treating the victim of an assault.

It was later found abandoned nearby with its lights flashing and all its equipment intact.

The North East Ambulance Service said it could have put the patient's life at risk if they had been more badly hurt.

A Cleveland Police spokesman said it looked as if it had been taken for a joyride and appealed for anyone with information about the incident to come forward'.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9639062.Joyriders_steal_ambulance_in_Hartlepool_as_medics_treat_patient/r/?ref=rss

I presume someone left the keys in a unattended ambulance.

steveL

A sign that there is a small minority of people who see their own kicks as being far more important than any harm they may do to others. Someone knows who these people were and they should do the right thing and come up with names to the Police. It's time to reclaim our streets.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Shepherd

Would that not infringe their civil liberties, or cause them to suffer PTSD or any number of conditions that have been thought up to explain away and protect chavs like this from getting their just deserts!