"CNS news best 4 minutes speech ever"

Started by Devils advocate, September 11, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devils advocate

I came across this video whilst browsing youtube.

Brigitte Gabriel is an American journalist, author, social commentator and activist.

she founded the American Congress For Truth and ACT.

Have a watch of the video, and post your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrmwB0bwtYQ

steveL

The human race believes it has arrived at the pinnacle of the evolutionary tree but it hasn't. It is still firmly rooted in basic tribalism which brings with it an instinctive dislike, suspicion and even hatred of anything perceived to be different from the home tribe. As a result, too many people operate with closed minds and base their views without question on the stereotypes passed on to them by the surrounding culture of the tribe.

In 2014, tribes can be social or political groups, street gangs, religious groups, national groups or even football clubs. You'll even get people arguing that theirs is the best mobile phone network or that their Apple MACS are better than PCs. People need to belong to something to give them an identity and pretty much anything will do.

Listen to the tribalism being preached by Alex Salmond or Nigel Farage but more importantly, watch how their listeners can be fired up as their own supressed bigotries are brought to the surface. This is how Hitler, Mussolini and other dictators rose to the top; it's how Putin plans to stay in power indefinitely.

It's an interesting video which shows two members of different tribes jostling for supremacy. Neither could ever win the argument because the perpetuation of the argument itself is the most important thing of all.

At some point in the future, perhaps the Human Race will take the next evolutionary step and realise that there is only really one tribe; that human beings are the same the world over and simply wanting to live a contented life in which they can adequately provide for the needs of their families and kids.

For me the answer to all of these questions lies in the innocent faces of children which, unlike their parents, really are the same the world over. It's only when they become contaminated with the prejudices and bigotries of grown ups and their tribal cultures that things go belly up.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

It is always wise to check up on the 'reporter'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel

"Gabriel, "has made a post-9/11 career out of roundly denouncing Islam, decrying 'political correctness,' and promoting the concept of an existential clash of cultures"

She is also on record as saying all Arabs are barbarians.
Clearly the woman is a deluded one-trick pony.

Try this version of her from Loonwatch:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/04/a-case-study-in-sincere-hypocrisy-brigitte-gabriel/

"Brigitte Gabriel is a notorious apologist for the fascist Phalange group, Kataeb, and the terrorist group, the South Lebanon Army (SLA), who were responsible for the Sabra and Shatila massacres that slaughtered 1700 to 2000 Palestinians (mostly women and chidren"

This is how she desctibes 'radical':

And she spills out to the Australian News her bizarre definition of a radical Muslim:

"a practising Muslim who goes to mosque every Friday, prays five times a day, and who believes that the Koran is the word of God, and who believes that Mohammed is the perfect man and (four inaudible words) is a radical Muslim".

This means (to her)  every Moslem is  'radical'.

steveL

You're right. I shouldn't babble on so much. You always make my case far better than I ever could, KD.

Just to make a rather obvious point. Has it occurred to you that as an occasional administrator of the forum I could delete any of your posts that took my fancy? And yet how many of your posts have ever been deleted by any of the admins?

How exactly does that fit in with "In the world that Steve L and others occupy only one opinion on "certain" topics is allowed."

Methinks that it's you who has the problem when others have a different point of view from your own.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on September 12, 2014, 09: AM
I predicted to a few friends precisely the kind of responses to DA's video

That is because the video was  by a woman who is a supporter of extreme right wing murder gangs in Lebanon. It may be that you believe the  Palestinian woman and children deserved to die (well they were Moslems) but decent folk think otherwise. It fits in well with your history of  belonging to extreme right wing/Nazi groups in the UK. You were active in  a group that  had members convicted of firebombing synagogues. You were a member of a group than campaigned to 'Keep Rhodesia White. I can well understand  how such a person would have empathy with a spokesperson for  a  far right Christian terrorist group that murders  palestinian women and children.

Devils advocate

I posted the video as i thought it could lead to a meaningful debate on radical muslims. obviously this hasn't happened.

I thought this would be current and relevant with what is happening in parts of the Middle East with Islamic State.

Obviously some members on this forum do not want a meaningful debate on this.

When people here start citing wikipedia for information then i know i am fighting a losing battle.

It seems there are a small minority of members here who will try and get or keep a debate going only to be shot down by other members who seem to think theirs are the only views that can be accepted.

mk1

Quote from: Devils advocate on September 12, 2014, 01: PM

When people here start citing wikipedia for information then i know i am fighting a losing battle.

If you had done a basic check then you would not have posted anything by this  this apologist for right wing  terrorist groups. You are losing the 'battle' because you seem to take at face value anything that fits your very narrow Moslem-hating world view.

Devils advocate

Quote from: mk1 on September 12, 2014, 02: PM
Quote from: Devils advocate on September 12, 2014, 01: PM

If you had done a basic check then you would not have posted anything by this  this apologist for right wing  terrorist groups. You are losing the 'battle' because you seem to take at face value anything that fits your very narrow Moslem-hating world view.

I have heard and read about this woman before, still this doesn't stop a meanigful debate. but again i would never use wikipedia.
Just shows the mentality of yourself is you use wikipedia and believe everything to be true.

After reading through some of your previous posts it is the kind of thing members here have come to expect from you.

you wrote "you seem to take at face value anything that fits your very narrow Moslem-hating world view."

Firstly, i have a number of friends who are Muslim, who all agree something needs to be done about Islamic State.

Secondly, My Mother-in-law is a Muslim.

Don't you dare say that i have a "very narrow Moslem-hating world view." you know nothing about me.

Where in my original post did i state anything about Muslims?

I asked people to watch the video and post their views, (yes in the video it sates muslims)
instead of this i got

"It is always wise to check up on the 'reporter'."

Hardly a debate it it?

Obviously you only did a "basic" check which is why you cited wikipedia.

It seems to me you cannot debate anything, just scream, shout and paddy when things are written you do not like.

mk1

Quote from: Devils advocate on September 12, 2014, 03: PM

Firstly, i have a number of friends who are Muslim, who all agree something needs to be done about Islamic State.

Dont get fooled by all the war-mongering hype. ISIS is a local problem that will be solved localy. The governments of the surrounding area will  sort them out and are already pushing them back. It is absurd to hear it being claimed a few 1000 infantrymen with light weapons with no organic heavy arms are going to take over Arabia. It was never a possibility but it has been used as an excuse by all the Moslem hating retards wanting to try and  start another war and increase defence spending. Flag-waving delusional 'nationalists' looking for a way to start killing other nationalities in order to prove their patriotism. Patriotism, AKA 'the last refuge of............' (look the rest up on Wiki)