Contacting Admins

Started by Jamescampbell78, April 03, 2014, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamescampbell78

This is just a general question:

Should the need arise, what is the most reliable way to contact the Admins/Moderators of these boards and who are they?

HarryBlackwood

Well that's a very good point. And here's why.

There was a libellous post from Hartlepudlion on a thread the other day. The coments were professionally defamatory and could have a seriously adverse affect on my livelihood.

As I'm a reasonable fella, I wanted to sort it out quickly with the site owners.

Had they bothered to respond to my emails or answer the phone or return my messages, we could have avoided the messy business of having to go down the legal route.

Quite frankly this behaviour is unprofessional and discourteous. Not only that but a court would take a very dim view of it.

It's worth noting that TWO offending threads have now been removed. While this is welcome, it in no way mitigates the damage that has been done.

If this post appears I'll be amazed. But I live in hope that someone involved with this amateurish site has a shred of integrity.

mk1

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 03, 2014, 03: PM
This is just a general question:

Should the need arise, what is the most reliable way to contact the Admins

The need should never have arisen given you (roughly) fit the profile of most here and should  have slotted in nicely. Did you  really expect to  be able join a board and then  start a war with a regular without generating a backlash? Picking a fight with everyone  might work if there were less prickly characters already ensconced. Harry could do well here if  he can just resist the temption to treat everyone who has a mild difference of opinion with him as a mo*ron and a  mortal  enemy. Given the high regard  many had for him it was sad to see the way it turned out. If he calms down and sits out his benching he could assume  his position at the front. It is not a problem to have enemies but to make it a mark of honour to  turn everyone into a foe is not the wisest of moves. No man is an island............................

HarryBlackwood

Michael Kenny. Thank you for your condescending response. I hope James namgs his  head in shame fir daring to ask.

I think you'll find I "do well" as it is without needing to listen to advice from the likes of you.

As for the original question I think it deserves a response.

Worth noting that when I was editor of the Mail and someone one wanted to speak to me in person or on the phone then that's what they got. The people who allegedly run this site should try it. You should try keeping your nose out of threads that don't concern you.

Jamescampbell78

Thanks for that MK.

Who said I didn't expect a backlash? For that matter who said I might have been wanting to contact the mods to have a moan?

I may actually have wanted to sound them out on something before I posted given some of the reactions I've had.

I'm sure Harry will be delighted with the way you've described him too, in fact I'd bet he's probably tried to respond but the post won't be approved until tomorrow I suppose.

You seem to have an opinion on everything I post on here too. ;)

mk1

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 03, 2014, 06: PM

I'm sure Harry will be delighted with the way you've described him too, in fact I'd bet he's probably tried to respond but the post won't be approved until tomorrow I suppose.

If you just looked at who was logged in and what they were doing you would see that  Harry has posted something in that thread......................

Jamescampbell78

Where? Apologies if I'm being dim here.

HarryBlackwood

Good morning. Any chance of James getting an answer. Any chance of my very polite day old comments being posted?

mk1

Quote from: Jamescampbell78 on April 03, 2014, 06: PM
Where? Apologies if I'm being dim here.

You can view who is online here and what their 'current activity'  is. Just before your message Harry was shown posting in the thread. Obviously it took time for his message to be made public.

HarryBlackwood

Further problem Michael Kenny. You say that my messages are taking a while to be made public. That is true and it's a bit of a nuisance (as I'm still waiting to be told why I'm on pre mod) but a bigger problem is that some replies I've posted haven't appeared at all. They contain nothing remotely personal, offensive or insulting. Your thoughts would be welcome as you appear to be the guvnor round here.

Jamescampbell78

Thanks, I saw I could see who was online on my desktop PC last night but can't see that from my phone.

Jamescampbell78

Just giving this a nudge.

HarryBlackwood

This is going well. Anyone home?

HarryBlackwood

James. Nudge wasn't hard enough.

Jamescampbell78

Obviously not contactable Harry, wonder how quickly I'd get a response if I posted something offensive or even just annoying to PHF?