typical HBC

Started by steveL, April 02, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

If you ever wander down the block sands/fish sands area (call in Mary Rowntree's for a coffee - highly recommednded) you may have noticed that a fair bit of money was spent a few years ago as part of a regeneration scheme. Nicely done too, it was, complete with a line of 5 inch blue lights embedded in the walkway from the block sands to the fish sands - very effective on a night.

Anyway, as with all lights, occsionally the bulbs need changing.

Too much of a hassle for HBC - as the bulbs went out an 'executive decision' was made to fill the lights in with tarmac - which just about sums up HBC. In fact, a look at the whole regeneration of the area shows the accelerating neglect now creeping in. Give it a couple of years and they'll be begging for another Government grant to do it all up again.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

so sad - and I can think of plenty of other examples

The Great Dictator

The weeds on the marina :((

fred c

The recent brilliant weather has brought people from all over the area to Hartlepool & Seaton....It really is a pity that we don`t make more of our Traditional seaside heritage.

The Proms on the Headland & Seaton would be hard to beat anywhere  in the country, & the good thing about the recent crowds was, they came "Despite" a lack of facilities in both areas.

The Battery, Verrills & Mary Rowntrees are certainly attractions on the Headland, & an immediate improvement in Seaton could be made by knocking down the Longscar... why wasn`t it the subject of a CPO years ago ?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Rumour, literally on the street is that Seaton park is going to get a skate park. Has anybody heard anything official ? ...I don't mean the unofficial one being built on the sea front  :)
I don't believe it.

dangerman

Seaton Carew is looking much better now that the former doss house next to the amusement arcade has been re-painted, the front is nearing completion with landscaping at the beacon also work completed on the steps and esplanade at the site of the former North Shelter.

The thorn in the side is of course Longscar Hall, my good lady worked there for many years it was bouncing, dart competitions with the best in the world, Jocky Wilson, Leyton Reece, Eric Bristow etc. entertainment into the early hours, and of course the day visitors making full use of the meals served at budget prices.

Sadly it has fallen into the state it is in today I feel this is due to H.B.C. not taking action quickly enough.

Looking at the building it could be put to use once more there could be seperate units within the structure rents low or subsidised, making it a viable proposition for small businesses selling a wide and varied range of goods.

The main building used for an indoor pool with all that would be found in a tropical resort right there on the sea front. pie in the sky I know but a little imagination goes a long way, anything has got to better than a rat infested blot on what could be the Jewel of Seaton Carew.