Traveller Sites: Hart Village

Started by admin, August 07, 2013, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The meeting which will decide which site(s) are chosen takes place this Thursday (8th) in the Civic at 2pm.

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/egov_downloads/08.08.13_-_Finance_and_Policy_Committee_Agenda.pdf

norfolkngoode

If you are unfortunate enough to end up with one of these sites on your doorstep,
please please remember who is responisible for putting you in this position, i.e. dumping these feckers on you, at the next election. >:(
'They don't like it up em'

Mr Mister

Hart Village it is then!

Ooo have they not released that small amount of info yet to the public, so hard keeping up to date with their bullsh1t these days.

Hartlepudlion

Don't expect any favours from the ABs. Will they be spiteful do you think?

steveL

I've also heard talk that the site at Hart is likely to be the one chosen which is interesting because if you look at the list prepared by officers, Hart comes out bottom of the list as the least suitable. However, I've also heard that Labour see Hart as the option which will do them, as a party, the least damage.

If you load the agenda/report from the link above, you'll see just how elaborate is the assessment process and just how much work goes into it. If it turns out to be true and Hart is chosen, then it will be another example of the current Labour Group throwing all of that out of the window and ignoring standard local government practice in favour of what most suits them as a group.

We've already had two examples of them doing this:

• Ignoring the Chief Solicitors advice on maintaining proportionality
  • Their abortive attempt to decide who should get which contracts
Ignoring the objective assessment criteria used to assess possible traveller sites in favour of a choice which does them the least damage politically will be the third

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I managed to get to the meeting today. The two Hart sites are the ones put forward as the suggested options.

steveL

A political decision, as expected, which once again throws out of the window the objective assessment criteria used by council officers. The two areas identified as being the least suitable end up being the ones chosen - only in Hartlepool under its perverse council could this happen.

Notable to residents of Hart Ward is that none of the three Hart Ward councillors turned up at the meeting.

The next step for any Hart residents upset by this is to write and appeal to the Planning Inspector himself pointing out how the objective selection process has been completely ignored. He will not be impressed. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

Councillor Lilley, Geoff, asserted as much and claimed that various members of the Labour group had openly discussed "minimising impact" of ill feeling from residents on a bus recently. Presumably by selecting a plot that would least threaten a Labour ward.

This was denied by the members of the Labour Group who were present.

It was the first time I've been to one of these meetings due to usually being at work when they're on. It was interesting to see the reasoning and rationale behind some of the decisions to rule out certain plots.

I actually found myself agreeing with Councillor James and Stephen Akers-Belcher on some of the points they raised.

The main thing I would say was that there seemed to be no real consistency on how or why sites were ruled out. Some reasons seemed very valid (road safety, Land value etc.), others less so. The noise and wind from passing trains (and it's subsequent impact on the cold it could cause for the gypsies caravans) was raised to essentially rule out one site, and another was ruled out for, amongst other things, the potential for future archaeological digs.

I chuckled a bit at that one to be honest. I'm far from being an expert in that field but I haven't seen Tony Robinson from 'Time Team' up here lately.

Interesting meeting all in all.

allinthistogether!!

Quote from: steveL on August 08, 2013, 05: PM
A political decision, as expected, which once again throws out of the window the objective assessment criteria used by council officers. The two areas identified as being the least suitable end up being the ones chosen - only in Hartlepool under its perverse council could this happen.

Notable to residents of Hart Ward is that none of the three Hart Ward councillors turned up at the meeting.

The next step for any Hart residents upset by this is to write and appeal to the Planning Inspector himself pointing out how the objective selection process has been completely ignored. He will not be impressed.

Any details there Steve? I am a Bishop Cuthbert resident and massively unimpressed especially after seeing that table of information you supplied earlier. I'm just off to bolt everything down anyway  ;)

steveL

not as such - only that the decision has been made.

I'll dig out the contact details for the Planning Inspector.

It should concern everyone that HBC appears to no longer function as a local authority should.

Mr Mister

Can anyone remind me, who it was that was responsible for the pikey site at Hart, also various other locations around the UK?

It must have been some right k**b head of an M.P.

Any clues?

Mr H

I've been reading this board for quite a while and just decided to register after seeing this debacle, I am also another unimpressed bishop cuthbert resident who would like to contact the planning officer.

If anyone has the details to hand, posting them up would be a great help

cheers

Stig of the Seaton Dump

To me it sounds like the decision was made and the excuses to justify it were invented afterwards.
I don't believe it.

Mr Mister

Perseus

I knew weeks ago, so it wasn't a secret, Stevel knew in advance too.

I must admit, I knew by default, I was stood a couple of people behind the Scabs, they were openly chatting about it.

Where was Fisher, O yes I know don't I, as far away from the meeting as it's possible to get.

SOME COUNCILLORS ARE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!

Mr H

I have only been there a couple of weeks so currently have no idea who represents that ward, I will certainly be finding out though and asking a few questions