Hartlepool MP suspended

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, September 22, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

With an election looming, this could have done him in no matter what the truth is.
I sincerely hope this isn't dirty politics.

mk1

It seems your view on 'Brexit' is going to shape how you react to this news. It is a gift for those calling Hill a 'Traitor' and I agree with Riddle that the SCABs are in some way connected.

seaton

Quote from: mk1 on September 22, 2019, 11: AM
It seems your view on 'Brexit' is going to shape how you react to this news. It is a gift for those calling Hill a 'Traitor' and I agree with Riddle that the SCABs are in some way connected.

How could the SCABS be connected, it happened in London, the SCABS are finished in Hartlepool, a lot depends on which way Brexit goes. We get a deal the Brexit Party is kaput then we have a load of Councillors deciding what Party to affiliate with next, Lib Dems ?

Inspector Knacker

'Suspended'.....? How will be able to tell the difference?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: seaton on September 22, 2019, 12: PM

How could the SCABS be connected, it happened in London

As Riddle pointed out the SCABs are currently in full attack-mode on Hill in order to promote their  favourite thug Cranney. They have a post up on the HSLP Facebook page that (it would seem) was advance warning of something was amiss in Hill's staff.
Anyways looks like UKIP Mk II The Brexit Party were targeting the right demographic with their choice for MP. The actions of some of the fans  at Dover shows they are not not casting their seed on stony ground.

DRiddle

How is the fact that it's in the guardian got anything to do with it? That has nothing to do with the origin of the complaint or those stoking the fire.

This has all the hallmarks of you know who.

fred c

If as a couple of posters suggest the allegations have come from persons in the town it should take about 5 minutes for the labour party to absolve Mike Hill of any wrongdoing.

The Guardian article mentions he was suspended over a complaint he made unwanted advances to a woman who worked in the Commons until this year, if the complaint turns out to be spurious those in Hartlepool who are suspected of being behind it must have plucked a name out of thin air and made the allegation in that name.

As for it improving the prospects of Cranneys ambitions as MP......I don't think so.

DRiddle

That's not what I mean. That's not how these people operate, you know that Fred. How many people, including yourself, have been on the wrong end of allegations? Very seldom does the complaint come directly from the hidden hand. You know that.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on September 23, 2019, 07: AM
If as a couple of posters suggest the allegations have come from persons in the town it should take about 5 minutes for the labour party to absolve Mike Hill of any wrongdoing.

Which they might do at the end of the day. But in the meantime what has that got to do with the fact a suspension in such cases is automatic until the facts are established? I can imagine the reaction of  'couple of posters' if Labour did not suspend him and properly investigate this. Dark hints about 'The Elite' protecting their own and accusations Labour rushed an investigation to protect their 'pro-remain' MP. Hill/Labour can not win over this no matter what action they take.

The Guardian article mentions he was suspended over a complaint he made unwanted advances to a woman who worked in the Commons until this year, if the complaint turns out to be spurious those in Hartlepool who are suspected of being behind it must have plucked a name out of thin air and made the allegation in that name.[
The complaint is a few weeks old.  The Police became involved. It was not exactly a well-kept secret. It is clear from SABs  post on the  HSLP Facebook page he was talking about this and he knew about it before we did. The SCABs might not know anything other than we (now) do but they are using it to further their newly-found 'Brexit' credentials. Indeed I would say this suspension is an early Christmas present for  the 'one-issue' mob who routinely castigate  Hill a 'traitor'
The SCAB were often in London for various demos/events so he will have visited Hill there and thus met his office staff. I remember seeing pics of them on their Facebook pages but sadly all these have now  been removed. Hills Facebook page has also had all pics of him and the SCABs removed. I found one or two where they can be seen in a crowd photo but both sides have completely erased each other from their social history.

As for it improving the prospects of Cranneys ambitions as MP......I don't think so.
No one said it would work. That does not mean the SCABs won't try it and think it will work.  An observation is not an endorsement or a message of support.

I have no position on Hill and you will not see me defending him. Frosty replies to any suggestion that this this might be a stitch-up do not suggest an open mind on the matter.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on September 23, 2019, 12: PM

Which they might do at the end of the day. But in the meantime what has that got to do with the fact a suspension in such cases is automatic until the facts are established? I can imagine the reaction of  'couple of posters' if Labour did not suspend him and properly investigate this. Dark hints about 'The Elite' protecting their own and accusations Labour rushed an investigation to protect their 'pro-remain' MP. Hill/Labour can not win over this no matter what action they take.

The Guardian article mentions he was suspended over a complaint he made unwanted advances to a woman who worked in the Commons until this year, if the complaint turns out to be spurious those in Hartlepool who are suspected of being behind it must have plucked a name out of thin air and made the allegation in that name.[
The complaint is a few weeks old.  The Police became involved. It was not exactly a well-kept secret. It is clear from SABs  post on the  HSLP Facebook page he was talking about this and he knew about it before we did. The SCABs might not know anything other than we (now) do but they are using it to further their newly-found 'Brexit' credentials. Indeed I would say this suspension is an early Christmas present for  the 'one-issue' mob who routinely castigate  Hill a 'traitor'
The SCAB were often in London for various demos/events so he will have visited Hill there and thus met his office staff. I remember seeing pics of them on their Facebook pages but sadly all these have now  been removed. Hills Facebook page has also had all pics of him and the SCABs removed. I found one or two where they can be seen in a crowd photo but both sides have completely erased each other from their social history.

No one said it would work. That does not mean the SCABs won't try it and think it will work.  An observation is not an endorsement or a message of support.

I have no position on Hill and you will not see me defending him. Frosty replies to any suggestion that this this might be a stitch-up do not suggest an open mind on the matter.

I definitely have an open mind on the matter and it could well be a stitch up, but who is doing the stitching is the question that requires an answer.....Innocent or guilty Hills career as an MP has probably been irreversibly damaged because of these allegations.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on September 23, 2019, 09: PM
Hills career as an MP has probably been irreversibly damaged because of these allegations.

Yes look how Boris was finished by that bust-up with his girl-friend..............

In modern politics rules are there to be obeyed by 'the  opposition' Followers of any Party will not hold any of their own to account for anything whilst trying to enforce capital punishment for parking violations carried out by opposing politicians.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on September 23, 2019, 09: PM
Hills career as an MP has probably been irreversibly damaged because of these allegations.

Yes look how Boris was finished by that bust-up with his girl-friend..............

In modern politics rules are there to be obeyed by 'the  opposition' Followers of any Party will not hold any of their own to account for anything whilst trying to enforce capital punishment for parking violations carried out by opposing politicians.

That last sentence reveals remarkable and unexpected self awareness.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on September 23, 2019, 09: PM

Whatever