Wilcox

Started by Monkeys mate, November 29, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

so why has only wilcox  and daughter been charged? was the evidence of all the others involved  destroyed ?teflon coated that labour/tory mob

fred c

Quote from: Riddler5 on December 04, 2016, 07: PM
Quote from: fred c on December 02, 2016, 08: PM

What also needs to be remembered is that she was a sitting labour councillor, a supposed position of integrity & trust, the involvement of several other labour councillors, Lying Ste Akers B & P Beck as trustees of MRA ( a position they both denied very shortly after the s**t hit the proverbial ).

This raises an important question.
If they were trustees don't they have certain obligations?
If they weren't, what exactly were they doing there and what was their role ?

Both had Trustee of MRA on their register of Interests, Lying Ste, was quoted in the mail as saying, "I am here for the Long Haul", 3 days later he resigned, P Beck, went so far as to write a letter denying he was or ever had been a Trustee of MRA.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/manor-residents-association-faces-bailiffs-over-unpaid-9-000-tribunal-bill-to-hartlepool-cleaner-1-5945581

I remember reading the CAB`s lauding the quality of the MRA Sunday dinners, especially the soup, SAB was a regular frequenter of Kilmarnock Rd, he is after all a Manor Ward councillor.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-mayor-insists-he-will-not-resign-over-role-in-crisis-hit-charity-1-5895443

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/fresh-calls-for-hartlepool-mayor-to-stand-down-over-charity-group-court-case-1-6928326

The link above is worth reading, there was a motion at the meeting for Lying Ste to step down..... but Carl Richardson who was acting chairman said it could cause legal problems as did P Devlin the BS...... now she is in the chokey.... we might find a councillor who will ask the question about his imvolment as a trustee & that he should stand down..... I`m kidding about him standing down  ;) ;) ;)

search the mail site for all sorts of information on the LabMob, there is a surprising amout of info they would like to forget about in the archives.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-mayor-sacked-from-day-job-as-care-team-manager-with-newcastle-city-council-1-6846709

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/time-to-go-former-labour-leader-joins-calls-for-hartlepool-mayor-to-resign-1-7218298

The last paragraph in the link above is interesting, it is almost 2 years since he got the pedal from Newcastle council, the local Labor Party have still to complete it`s investigation,

jawsbbc

is there nothing fred implicating any of these at all so they  will just walk away from it as per usual only in hartlepool

kevplumb

The Mail has tried to emphasise, it was acknowledged that some £160,000 could not be accounted for

so whats going to happen about that then

just be written off as usual

if she couldnt account for it she should have been charged for it as well or at least for false accounting in that sum in particular

suppose we will finish up footing the bill somewhere along the line as usual
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

I believe it was stated that record keeping was so bad that no one has any idea where the money went. With no one to blame there was no one to jail. There is a Proceeds of Crime hearing to  come but given both Angie and her daughter were frantically trying to obtain further loans I think you can kiss goodbye to them finding any money to recover.
From  posts on the many previously wiped forums it would appear one way they managed to raise cash was in the selling on of MRS property at knockdown prices. It is a safe bet many a Wilcox relative has it but that is beyond the reach of the law.
I wonder why the Trustees were not tackled about it as I believe at the end of the day they are personally liable.

Lord Elpus

Just for reference, in the 90's her and Cranney were involved in the Lion Hotel, Lancaster Road.  It was suggested it would become a non profit making community pub, the Mail did and article on it. 

It burnt down in a fire one night after standing safe for over 100 years.

steveL

Is that a typo? Community Pub or Community 'ub?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Looking at those photographs its impossible to believe that Wilcox's fellow councillors were not aware of what she was up to. What are we to believe, that on hearing of her 17 or so criminal acts those councillors were taken by surprise and shocked?

I, for one, am not buying it.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on December 04, 2016, 11: PM
I believe it was stated that record keeping was so bad that no one has any idea where the money went.

I wonder why the Trustees were not tackled about it as I believe at the end of the day they are personally liable.

It was widely reported the paperwork was a "carcrash"..... If that was the case why was Wilcox given time to 'Sort it out' ?

Would that have been allowed to happen in the private sector, she would have been removed from the premises immediately, with a full in depth audit following, the plod would have been called in within a matter of days.

The 'trustees' pulled a duvet over their heads & pretended it wasn't happening.

fred c

Whilst waiting for my morning ablute.... I rang the Mail to ask why no comments were allowed on the Wilcox article.......

We have to Protect the Public from themselves........ was the answer I got.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 04, 2016, 11: PM
I believe it was stated that record keeping was so bad that no one has any idea where the money went
Surely not knowing where the money went is the problem, as whoever was responsible for money cannot account for it ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Steely Dan

Quote from: fred c on December 05, 2016, 09: AM
Whilst waiting for my morning ablute.... I rang the Mail to ask why no comments were allowed on the Wilcox article.......

We have to Protect the Public from themselves........ was the answer I got.

Who did you speak to out of interest?

lynda

I wasn't allowed to mention the Trustees in my Impact Statement. They said it was because it was Angie who was up for Sentencing not them,and that they had been unaware of what had been going on.So obviously they have spoke to them. But in my eyes that doesn't wash, they attended plenty of committee meetings, or was being a Trustee just a title to them? At the end of the day it was their responsibility to make sure the centre was viable and run correctly. So they obviously failed in their duty of care to all employees  and are responsible for its inevitable closure. Then finally we have an MP who rightly defended those employees at Sports Direct and again those the other week at Amazon, yet when it comes to his own town does nothing. I hope that Karma bites all their arses. If your going to do a job that ultimately affects alot of people for God's sake do it properly

akarjl

Quote from: lynda on December 05, 2016, 03: PM
I wasn't allowed to mention the Trustees in my Impact Statement. They said it was because it was Angie who was up for Sentencing not them,and that they had been unaware of what had been going on.So obviously they have spoke to them. But in my eyes that doesn't wash, they attended plenty of committee meetings, or was being a Trustee just a title to them? At the end of the day it was their responsibility to make sure the centre was viable and run correctly. So they obviously failed in their duty of care to all employees  and are responsible for its inevitable closure. Then finally we have an MP soon to be who rightly defended those employees at Sports Direct and again those the other week at Amazon, yet when it comes to his own town does nothing. I hope that Karma bites all their arses. If your going to do a job that ultimately affects alot of people for God's sake do it properly

His time will come 

kevplumb

i can't fathom out how the so called "trustees" got away with it
ok they bailed out when the brown smelly stuff started flying
but they where in supposed power while it was going on
and no company/charity can lose that amount of money without questions being asked
she might be in the clink but there are still a lot of unanswered questions
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment