Hart Ward By Election - List of candidates

Started by admin, June 28, 2019, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Interesting to see that the normal Labour hopeful for Hart isn't having a go

mk1

I see we have the vile  'For Britain Movement' chancing its arm again. 

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on June 28, 2019, 05: PM
I see we have the vile  'For Britain Movement' chancing its arm again.
Let them stand and see how little support they get. That's the benefit of democracy. Some people need it pointing out to them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 29, 2019, 04: PM
Let them stand and see how little support they get.

The trouble is they have a base. This disgusting political Party only have 2 council seats in the UK and 1 is in Hartlepool.

Inspector Knacker

Trouble is, you can't stop them putting up. I doubt they'll get any recognition in this ward.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Call Me Al

Our little group of family and friends have been deliberating over who will get our vote this time.
We usually support the independent as a tactical vote, however after Brewer and Cassidy showing their allegiance to CAB there will be no more for the Independent Union.
Looks like UKIP this time around.

ReturntoZenda

I'm not sure the IU showed any allegiance to Belcher, unless you have swallowed the propaganda coming from the apparatchiks.

fred c

Quote from: Call Me Al on June 30, 2019, 09: AM
Our little group of family and friends have been deliberating over who will get our vote this time.
We usually support the independent as a tactical vote, however after Brewer and Cassidy showing their allegiance to CAB there will be no more for the Independent Union.
Looks like UKe yT?IP this time around.

tbh there isn't a person in Hartlepool who was annoyed as I was when CAB got a committee chair, the saving grace is the fact that he will be severely limited in his actions by the F&P & A&G committees, that coupled with the fact that come May 2020 it's highly likely that he will be out altogether.

Far be it from me to stick my nose into your choice of candidate, but as someone who has taken great interest in local politics for many years, I would suggest that you pick the best candidate, whether Labour, IU, Independent etc etc.

What has been a feature of local politics since the elections in May has been the manner in which the Labour Pixes have attempted to manipulate public opinion on social media, the labour report on the first full council meeting was a fabrication of the facts, I know I was there.

Labour themselves through the incompetence of long time labour (30 years or so) councillor Carl Richardson simply didn't put forward the motion before the deadline, the Chief Executive and the Chief Solicitor placed the facts before the full council and members of the public that were present.........Then came labours manipulation of the facts.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on June 30, 2019, 01: PM

What has been a feature of local politics since the elections in May has been the manner in which the Labour Pixes have attempted to manipulate public opinion on social media.............

They all do it. It would be wise to wait and see what the IU do before getting completely into bed with them. Given the  political history of some of them caution is needed. I think the Post Facebook page has a very 'right-wing'  outlook overall and the level of insult heaped on anyone marked as a  'lefty' is noteworthy. I note that though the Conservatives were enthusiastic SCAB supported this appears not to get a mention and I even saw one of the Tories being described as 'balanced' and 'fair'. Is it that a change of  bandwagon means all is forgiven?
Try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

admin

The only part of the Hartlepool Post which is 'official' is the editorial on the front page of the web site. Both the forum and the Facebook page are simply individual members' opinions - a sort of letters page but the Post FB admins. don't select the letters - simply act as a check if people cross over reasonable boundaries.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on June 30, 2019, 03: PM
Quote from: fred c on June 30, 2019, 01: PM

What has been a feature of local politics since the elections in May has been the manner in which the Labour Pixes have attempted to manipulate public opinion on social media.............

They all do it. It would be wise to wait and see what the IU do before getting completely into bed with them. Given the  political history of some of them caution is needed. I think the Post Facebook page has a very 'right-wing'  outlook overall and the level of insult heaped on anyone marked as a  'lefty' is noteworthy. I note that though the Conservatives were enthusiastic SCAB supported this appears not to get a mention and I even saw one of the Tories being described as 'balanced' and 'fair'. Is it that a change of  bandwagon means all is forgiven?
Try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

mk1 I am fully aware that "we all do it" but I would take issue with you describing the FB Page as right wing, speaking for myself I am certainly not right wing but I am mindful of the fact that sections of the labour party are now extremely left wing.

The FB Page is an eclectic group of posters that has members that are of all persuasions, yes some maybe right wing but we do not countenance extreme right wing posts or there posters, the same applies to all extreme political viewpoints.

I like many others were brassed off that CAB ended up with a chair as most people were, but it is what it is I have spoken to several councillors and they expressed the opinion that he will be monitored very closely, I can only take their word on that but I am prepared to wait and see.

Unfortunately labour have adopted a very negative stance about any collaboration with the IU and other independent councillors which is disappointing all round, but having sat through the first full council meeting and witnessed first hand what transpired I can only say how disgusted I am at the claptrap trotted out by Paddy Brown, Richardson and several other labour councillors.

Add to that the the purely fictitious account of the proceedings produced by the Pixies with assistance from Brash, I believe the next 10 months will be a period of further disinformation and deformation by the Pixies.

mk1

I think overall your politics are formed by what you believe rather than what you know. Trump supporters  take it to the extreme

https://youtu.be/5eUxMoL49As?t=53

but we should not get too complacent because the god-like adoration of Jeremy from a year back was frightening. Farage has the same type of following and now Boris is trying to portray himself as a 'saviour'.
I have a very low opinion of the informed views of 'the man in the street' and I am not in the least surprised that Labour is struggling to keep its 'working class' voters because (in my experience)  the shop floor was a very depressing place if you had progressive or enlightening views.
Facebook allows people to vent and the Brexit debacle has allowed those who simply want to completely destroy and crush all who disagree with them license to be patronisingly  obnoxious.  What happened to consensus politics ?

fred c

mk1 My politics are formed by right, wrong, honesty, integrity, principles and morals, I don' t believe consensus politics has ever or will ever work, democracy for the common man is an illusion perpetuated by those who control the money and resources of the planet.