How more pathetic can our elected representatives be?

Started by Wilton, May 08, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilton

I see the sites just as petty having a dig at someones sexuality on the home page.

fred c

Quote from: Wilton on May 09, 2013, 05: PM
I see the sites just as petty having a dig at someones sexuality on the home page.

I don`t undertand why you should come to that conclusion Wilton??? i thought it was a rather upbeat article on the good news that Cllr Wells has found someone he  is passionate about, i don`t see any difference in the Front Page of Hartlepool Post & the front page of the Mail when it featured Cllrs C & S Akers Belcher.

What does it matter what anyones sexuality is, i don`t see any homophobic association in the story, quite the opposite in fact.

SRMoore

Actually, I agree with Wilton; It is a petty dig regarding sexuality.

SteveL and this site knew about Ray's engagement back in January and commented on it then. To bring it up again 4 months later and post a personal photograph on the front page of this site cannot be described as anything other than a cheap pathetic dig.

And some on here have the audacity to question my credibility.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on May 09, 2013, 06: PM
Actually, I agree with Wilton; It is a petty dig regarding sexuality.

SteveL and this site knew about Ray's engagement back in January and commented on it then. To bring it up again 4 months later and post a personal photograph on the front page of this site cannot be described as anything other than a cheap pathetic dig.

And some on here have the audacity to question my credibility.

Can't have it both ways.
If Ray is 'proud' of his lifestyle then surely he  has no problems with the photo.

However if Ray was a two faced hypocrite (not that I am saying he is) then it could possibly be said he is not too keen on everyone who votes for him  knowing about his male partner.
It is well know that core Tory voters are not as enlightened as the leadership and perhaps he could be  worried about upsetting them.

fred c

steveL

You must have read a different story to me, Shane.

All I see is a conspicuously happy couple proud and looking forward to getting officially hitched. It's written as a good news story against a backdrop of a string of pretty dire other news. Quite how you read it as a 'cheap pathetic dig' is beyond me. Point out the offending phrase or sentence and I'll have a look at it, if you like.

I may not think much of Wells as a councillor, but everyone deserves a bit of happiness and it looks like Wells has found his. That to me is a good news story and I, for one, wish them both well.

Incidentally, although we knew he was partnered, I'm not at all sure that I knew that they had got engaged. However, even if I had known, it wouldn't have made for much of a story on its own. When we realised that the guy had used his facebook account to proudly announce it to the world, given a quotable quote and provided an appropriate picture - then and only then was there was a story.

I presume that he used his Facebook account because he wanted people to know. Well now they do.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 09, 2013, 07: PM
I suppose you see in it what you want to ??? ??? ???

Yes they are viewing it ar*se first!

I for one am very glad of the way these self-important people assume everyone wants photos of them. I have no end of fun  re-posting them (with modifications) to make them look silly.

Any more?

marky

That'll teach yer to try and do the good news stuff, Steve. Better stick to the 'orrible stuff; besides, the reservoir is way bigger.  ;D 

The Great Dictator

I don't think it does much for the credibility of HTH to be honest although if it was Kelly Brook and Holly Willoughby i don't think i would be complaining.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I do agree that what ever the motive, it can easily be construed as Ray bashing as he is constantly berated on this forum.

I also agree with Great Dic. ...can we have a picture of Kelly and Holly to balance things out ?
I for one will get the Friday feeling if you do.
I don't believe it.