State of Play

Started by steveL, May 09, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Just for Info, here's a chart of the present state of play in the council chamber.

Labour now have 19 councillors with all others totalling 14.

In a Labour controlled council, all others would normally include the Conservatives but they didn't get those Chairs, Vice-Chairs and a seat on the Fire Authority for nothing - in return they have a 100% record in voting for all things Labour.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

Except for when they vote against Labour and with PHF to support Geoff for a committee place and hundreds of other occasions in meetings other than full council (where most decisions have already been made after discussions in other meetings).

Lord Elpus

Labour know they can depend on Wells and the other Tory's to always vote with them, they're bought and paid for. Show me one committee minute other than planning where Wells has voted against the Comrades.  He has been Mad Dogs, CAB yes man at every turn even going against Conservative Party policy.

Wells is a disgrace to the Conservative Party and I'd think more of Moore if he had the integrity to admit what Wells has done to the good name of the Party he obviously supports.

Wells bring a whole new dimension to the term 'self serving'.

fred c

I have witnessed first hand some of the appalling voting decisions taken by the tories in support of "The Mob", but by far the worst was to see Wells almost applauding "The Mob" for several of those decisions.

Having spoken to you a few times Shane, i can`t find fault with your Integrity or your Commitment to "Your Party", its just not the same party your Leader purports to represent.

I firmly believe that for you to maintain any credibility Shane, you need to re-assess your constant backing of the voting record of your councillors.

steveL

The weirdest moments must surely have been the two occasions that I have witnessed the UNISON orangutans-in-the-corner cheering and applauding Wells for his comments. Funny old world, innit?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Pretty little chart but I think it would have been better if the yellow had been placed on top of the blue - more accurate.

Don't they need a 2/3 majority to get a budget through? If so, they only need to drop one more and they're f**c***. No wonder CAB is supporting Angie flying in the face of common sense.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: marky on May 09, 2013, 08: PM
Pretty little chart but I think it would have been better if the yellow had been placed on top of the blue - more accurate.

Don't they need a 2/3 majority to get a budget through? If so, they only need to drop one more and they're f**c***. No wonder CAB is supporting Angie flying in the face of common sense.

Correct, however, it looks like Cllr Keith Fisher is back in the Labour fold.  I suspect Labour can count on his support.

for fawkes sake

Isn't that a little like getting a letter saying you've got a job as a steward on the Titanic?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."