Where were you?

Started by whatabouthisthen, April 25, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Just for info. I had an e-mail back from Mr Mitchell today just to let me know he'd got my submission as much as anything. He intimated he would be willing to meet outside the initial hours allocated if required, which I think is a good sign.

I also was contacted by deputy chief solicitor Carman regarding the 'Ged Hall thing' and i've been asked if i'm willing to meet with the independent person. Which I am. Interesting times.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I should have said sooner, I've submitted my comments too.

Hopefully I should just be re-enforcing what Mr. Mitchell has already been told (repeatedly hopefully).

I hope his work manages to restore some faith in the council or if not opens the eyes of the wider public / council tax payers.
I don't believe it.

steveL

I think that is what the Electoral Reform Society, who produced the report which triggered the Manchester Evening News story, are basically saying. The ERS favour PR in local elections to try and get the number of councillors from each party to reflect more accurately the votes cast but PR comes with it's own problems, not least for Independent councillors.

In our own town, the belief that labour will always hold power has led, not so much to inflated allowances, but to a belief that that the party can do whatever it wants with impunity. As a result, arrangements covering grant allocations, registering councillor interests and access to public funding have become slack. Likewise, there is now clear resentment of any questioning of their activities i.e. public questioning and the visible and verbal resentment we have seen over the outcome of the Peer Review.

KD is right to say that the real answer lies with the public but it would be a brave politician who blamed the public for the mess that we're in - however true it might be.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

I emailed BBC TEES last week recommending that they make a report on the Public Inquiry on Look North. Haven't even received an acknowledgement.

Anybody know the BBC's number or, possibly better still, ITV?

steveL

Media Contacts:

Radio:

BBC Radio Newcastle newsdesk: radionewcastle.news@bbc.co.uk  - 0191 244 1459/1460; Durham Office: Tony Jones, tony.jones@bbc.co.uk or 0191 383 4418

Durham FM: news@durhamfm.net - 0191 383 5051 (news editor is Julie Howe)

Metro & Magic FM: news@metroandmagic.com - 0191 279 0228

Century FM: news@centuryfm.co.uk - 0191 440 7500

Galaxy FM: galaxynews@galaxyFM.co.uk - 0191 206 8131

Sun FM: news@sun-fm.com - 0191 548 7799

Television:

BBC Look North: newcastlenews@bbc.co.uk -  0191 244 1253

Tyne Tees Television: tttvnews@itv.com - 0844 8815100 (main newsdesk)

Additional media contacts for Queen's Campus, Stockton:

Newspapers:

The Northern Echo (Stockton Office): Mike Chipchase, mike.chipchase@nne.co.uk or Karen Westcott, karen.westcott@nne.co.uk – 01642 675 678

Evening Gazette (Stockton Office): Naomi Corrigan, naomi.corrigan@eveninggazette.co.uk or Mike Blackburn, mike.blackburn@eveninggazette.co.uk – 01642 674 484/5. Head office: news@eveninggazette.co.uk -  01642 234254

Darlington and Stockton Times: Malcolm Warne (editor) malcolm.warne@nne.co.uk or newsdesk dst@nne.co.uk - 01325 505 109 or 01325 505 071.

Middlesbrough Herald & Post: Sue Giles, sue.giles@gazettemedia.co.uk - 01642 245 401
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

steveL

Finally completed our documentary evidence for the enquiry to be handed in today. Even we weren't expecting to end up with something 11/2 inches thick. I hope he likes reading.  ;)

The bad news is that we've ran out of toner now. Wonder if we could get a grant?  :-[

fred c

Contact P Cranney for a possible "community toner grant" after all he is on the Teeside Grants Panel...... lol