Where were you?

Started by whatabouthisthen, April 25, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Rabbit, good point.

Why have the Hartlepool Tories not blown the labour group out of the water already ?
I don't believe it.

SRMoore

Provide us with the evidence and I'd be happy to do it, Stig.

steveL

ah..everyone's waiting for everyone else. The Tories are never going to disturb their cosy relationship with those with their hands on the levers of power. Their quite happy for things to stay the same as long as a few crumbs come their way.

Shane, if you were that bothered then you'd be gathering your own evidence not merely waiting for others to do it for you.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

You assume I'm not bothered and not doing anything, Steve.

steveL

Quote from: SRMoore on April 27, 2013, 10: AM
Provide us with the evidence and I'd be happy to do it, Stig.

I hope you are but the quote above doesn't point to it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

Ask next time then. Don't assume.

steveL

OK then, I won't assume, I'll just go on past experience - which means you'll no nothing.

fred c

What does Carl Richardson do in the civic??? he was in there on Friday buzzing around the corridor outside the public inquiry room.
I wonder if he gets free tea n biccies??? to sustain him in his endeavours on behalf of "The Mob"

SRMoore

Oh, sorry Steve, I forgot that I'm the 'do nothing' type. I remember now that I was stood doing nothing by myself the day we first met too.

DRiddle

Just as a point of information as much as anything, I made my submission to Mr Mitchell and the inquiry this morning by e-mail. I've also sent it to some other people who could perhaps submit a paper copy on my behalf. I have no opportunity to meet with Mr Mitchell face to face as I work for a living and my working day runs throughout the allocated hours.

For the benefit of any Labour Councillors reading this comment, my submission made no allegations. It merely highlighted some areas which might be of interest to Mr Mitchell. Thus, there is no need for anyone to phone my boss, and accuse me of things which I did not actually do, to try to get me into trouble.  ::)

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on April 28, 2013, 10: AM
For the benefit of any Labour Councillors reading this comment, my submission made no allegations. It merely highlighted some areas which might be of interest to Mr Mitchell. Thus, there is no need for anyone to phone my boss, and accuse me of things which I did not actually do, to try to get me into trouble.  ::)

David, Surely you Jest ;) ;) ;) who would want to telephone your Boss & attempt to get you into trouble ??????

I know of a Councillor who recently made a complete fool of himself by doing just that, in fact he won the "Kn*b Of The Month Award" for his efforts, he has also qualified as a member of the "Hypocrite Team of the Year Award" for work on the remodelling of the Towns Constitution to deny the public an Opportunity to Put Questions to Councillors.

I would hope that your fears are totally unfounded though David, i mean would another member of "The Mob" want to appear in Private Eye ??? although there could well be reasons for some of them to be appearing in the press in the near future.

whatabouthisthen

As I was in town, I decided to pop in and see how the Inquiry was going. Unfortunately, there was no one there bar Mr Mitchell. I think he was grateful for someone to talk to. I got the impression he was a little disappointed with the numbers of people who have responded but not the quality of the submissions.

so COME ON YOU CHAPS AND LASSES  skates on and register your doubts and suspicions. Because of this site being down (DOD.) this exhortation is a little late. I am sure, however, that you input would be welcome. You can email or phone and, possibly, still have a private meet.

steveL

I was quite impressed with the bloke, myself.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: steveL on April 30, 2013, 05: PM

Not the type of chap to be flannelled ... this could get rather interesting ...

fred c

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 30, 2013, 05: PM
Quote from: steveL on April 30, 2013, 05: PM

Not the type of chap to be flannelled ... this could get rather interesting ...

Ohhhhh Yes, i don`t think this man is for turning, he certainly seemed to have an understanding of the Issues that concern most of us.