outdoor bowling greens to be closed to access building sites

Started by jawsbbc, August 17, 2018, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

CAN ANYONE SHED A LIGHT ON THIS COMMENT ON TOWN OF HARTLEPOOL ??
Now the outdoor bowling greens that our retiree residents who have worked 50 years plus use as a recreation to keep healthy are to closed only to access them for building sites.
There are brown field sites scattered in town that need useing first.
Why should our residents be deprived of these that have been built many generations ago .Its easy money for the council

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I'm not a bowler, but my pal is he was telling me the council want the bowlers to buy the greens for a  £1.....they would then have to maintain the facilities.

Considering the majority of bowlers are elderly people who wouldn't be able to do the required work, they would need to employee a greens keeper possibly on a co-op basis for all the greens, that would require financial assets that are unlikely to be available to the elderly.

Leisure and sports facilities in the town are another asset that is gradually being eroded, the tennis courts at Brierton school have been left to rack and ruin as is the outdoor basketball court that is now a car park.

The constant waste of millions of pounds on the never ending visions to the detriment of basic services and facilities will prove to be the lasting legacy left to the town by the LabTorMob.

Inspector Knacker

So if the greens were sold to a bowls club or confederation, surely the members would therefore become the owners.
If the time then comes they can't continue, could they sell the asset for housing?

Instead of organising self glorifying jamborees on the rec, how about using the money for the upkeep of the greens.
A year of bowling v A weekend burgerfest?

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 18, 2018, 09: AM
So if the greens were sold to a bowls club or confederation, surely the members would therefore become the owners.
If the time then comes they can't continue, could they sell the asset for housing?

Instead of organising self glorifying jamborees on the rec, how about using the money for the upkeep of the greens.
A year of bowling v A weekend burgerfest?
Wrong vote pool

Inspector Knacker

And our leaders are definitely in the 'shallow' end'.

Owen Jones

They may be in the shallow end but you can only tread water for so long !!!

Inspector Knacker

It may be treading to me and you, but they think they can walk on water.
Prophets or profits?

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 18, 2018, 02: PM
It may be treading to me and you, but they think they can walk on water.
Prophets or profits?

Poor CAB. Not only doe she have to contend with almost universal condemnation of his many 'visons' but his own Party is out to get him.
When a Comrade is  emboldened enough to call  the Mother-In-Law a liar then you know the clock is ticking

Methinks he should expect a good  'fragging'

stokoe

Don't forget the first bowling green to get bulldozed for houses was foggy furze,and who is the councillors for that ward say no more,they p**s me off so much them two turds.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: stokoe on August 18, 2018, 05: PM
Don't forget the first bowling green to get bulldozed for houses was foggy furze,and who is the councillors for that ward say no more,they p**s me off so much them two turds.
Good point, I remember it well. A pleasant green space with the bowling greens and library, all flattened to build more boxes for the aspiring homeowner in a 'nice' location.
When this plague of political locusts finally depart the field, the reckoning will be mostly be about what we lost.

Exile

It was a lovely little library, and there was also a tennis court.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on August 17, 2018, 04: PM
Surely not?
Nora Bailey
14 June
Is it true most of hartlepool bowling greens are getting closed - they always appear to have lots of people using them and it's lovely spending an afternoon or evening watching
15 Comments
Comment
Comments
Carol Foster
Carol Foster Hope not!
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Bev Bev
Bev Bev The top green in the burn valley near the 6th form hasn't been used for ages and appears not be maintained at all.....probably a matter of time until they build houses on it!!
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w · Edited
Alex Carter
Alex Carter I heard the one near the tennis courts on the Headland will be closed after the summer season 🙁
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Kathryn Heron
Kathryn Heron I've seen the one on the other side of the road in use.😊
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Alex Carter
Alex Carter Yep that one is staying 👍🏻
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w

Kathleen Carter
Kathleen Carter Burn Valley greens finished altogether now. Real shame. Lot of people enjoyed many a hour on these greens. What else will they use it for ??
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Joan Collingwood
Joan Collingwood All the greens are a disgrace. Not getting looked after by the Council. The way it's going it will be impossible to play on them.
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Eileen Oconnor
Eileen Oconnor Something else the council are finishing shame on them
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Shed Craft
Shed Craft As a bowler I can say the wanted to close 5 greens the team I play for has been moved from 2different greens in about 5 years. We where at foggy furze next to the greenside pub and moved off for houses, we then went to brink burn greens and again we be...See more
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Kathleen Carter
Kathleen Carter Hope you are wrong. Lot of people will have very lonely lives. It is the only time some people go out.
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Nora Bailey
Nora Bailey Is there any protests against this as I would happily be involved - so many people going to loose social activities also government and health services constantly talking about health benefits
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w

Nora Bailey
Nora Bailey But what can we do ?
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Joyce Appleton
Joyce Appleton I went past the bowling green in the top of the burn valley today couldn't get over the state it was in it was always kept beautiful remember going there with my dad he used to love watching the bowls so sad
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Eileen Oconnor
Eileen Oconnor Swimming baths will be next to go
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w
Steve Atkinson
Steve Atkinson apparently swimming baths moving up to brinkburn - money from a grant will be used - this is only a rumour btw
Manage
Like · Reply · 9w

Inspector Knacker

That's Hartlepol now. They tear up perfectly good paving and chainsaw mature trees in the name of what? Vanity? Legacy?
Yet can't keep the weeds down.