Longscar Hall

Started by WhatTheHeck, October 17, 2016, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatTheHeck

According to Paul Thompson  the Secretary of State has decided not to confirm the Compulsory Purchase Order on the Longscar Hall.

HBC outfoxed again !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

jawsbbc

typical   wonder how much this is going to cost us ?

seatonlady

Doesn't look as though we're ever going to get rid of that eyesore!! >:(

testing times

Reading the Planning Inspectors report it does appear that the council weren't willing to work with the new plans that the Wilkinson's had and that it was the 'Masterplan' or nothing. We appear to have ended up with nothing.

Was there a plan B? It doesn't look like it.

The Great Dictator

The death of one of the partners might just have complicated the issue.

fred c

Unfortunate as it was, the demise of Mr Wilkinson several weeks ago would have had no bearing on the decision by the Secretary of State, the PCO process was almost complete.

I think it is more likely the 'we know best' attitude that exists with some of our councillors, lets face it, the Longscar has been an eyesore for years & they did the square root of FA about it in all that time...... a bit like all the other s***holes around the town.

akarjl

I'm surprised Mr and Mrs haven't had the council buy it using the Seaton "improvement" fund and then turned it into a holiday home for out of work, unemployable councillors, AKA Mr and Mrs.

the_exile

Reading the front page of this website, with the 2 Monuments to Failure, added to all of the other failings...................

One can't help thinking how long it will be until Ralph Ward Jackson is shifted from his prime location and a more modern civic leader has his statue placed on the plinth.....

marky

Worth reading the report in full. There are some real gems in there like the new local plan being in 'its early stages' Looks to me like the Wilkies lawyer played a blinder while the council side were obsessed with banging on about their bloody masterplan (which seems to be in conflict with the old plan.) I don't see this ruling changing if the council are arrogant enough to appeal. All I see is a bigger legal bill.

WhatTheHeck

Can someone post a link to the report, please.

marky

steveL

Not been a good week for Calamity Chris:

Jacksons Landing on eBay
Court Ruling Leads to £350,000 Care Bill for Council
Planning Inspector Rejects Compulsory Purchase of Longscar
Falling Pound Increase Cost of Veuve Cliquot ;)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

daswo999

Still nothing in the 'Fail' I see - certain councillors trying to keep this out perhaps????

Or is this me just being too cynical for my own good?

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: marky on October 18, 2016, 12: PM
it's on the front page

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk
Thanks, for some reason I haven't been able to access the front page from this tablet,  i'll check it out on the laptop.