A fantastic endorsement for UKIP this morning in the Sunday Express

Started by WiseOwl, May 03, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseOwl

The Sunday Express has a big leader column today urging its readers to vote UKIP, a fantastic endorsement for both Nigel Farage and UKIP.

In their leader column they spell out why they believe you should vote UKIP and how a vote for UKIP vote will serve your interest and those of this great country.

We couldn't have made it to this point without your support, and in these last few days before the election, we need you more than ever. As their piece says:

Britain is at a crossroads. Vote UKIP to ensure our great country is on the right path

Read the whole thing here, be sure to tell your friends and family about this incredible endorsement and make sure you vote UKIP on May 7th.

Balotelli

But I told you about the number of seats they'd get and told you South Thanet wasn't one of them.

Now the party will slowly tear itself apart.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Farage quits this morning, then says that he'll reconsider this in the autumn - even Frank Sinatra didn't announce his comeback concerts that promptly!  ;)

In the absence of a leader, is UKIP likely to fizzle out?  Time will tell ...

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on May 08, 2015, 05: PM
Farage quits this morning, then says that he'll reconsider this in the autumn - even Frank Sinatra didn't announce his comeback concerts that promptly!  ;)

In the absence of a leader, is UKIP likely to fizzle out?  Time will tell ...

Farage will never loosen his grip on UKIP. He never had any intention of leaving and his 'backtrack' was to be expected. Anyway who cares. UKIP are yesterdays news.
What now for those who were boasting here of 50+ MPs? They were warned about crowing but paid no heed. Payback time lads...........

mk1

I expect we will can now expect a lot of posts complaining about the 'first past the post' system and how proportional representation is the only way forward...........as spelled out in Magna Carta!!!

Mr.E

Something tells me it could be a rocky road for Cameron!!
Especially on the IN/OUT vote for the UK and the EU!
If he doesn't follow through, it will be bye bye conservative voters. And that would bring MORE people voting UKIP!

marky

With some justification I think. I forget the exact figures, maybe you can help me out there mk1, but I think UKIP got around 2m votes and 1 seat while the SNP with 4m got 56 seats. I'm no fan of UKIP but that is surely one f**c*** up system.  :o

mk1

Losers always complain. The complaint is very rarely anything other than using the system to 'your' advantage. If UKIP had an overall majority on aminority vote  it would not give PR  a second thought and fight to the death to preserve its 'advantage'.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-parliament-proportional-representation/20893

Jim Gillespie

Personally I feel that UKIP's national overall performance is an excellent platform to build upon.

Even here in Hartlepool, honestly, who would have thought that Broughton could really give wee Jimmy Kranky a scare at the polling count?

If UKIP chose a more appropriate candidate next time around - ie, someone who genuinely at the very least lives and/or works in Hartlepool; I'm convinced they will take this seat next time around.

Sadly, Picton diluted the vote, but that's another matter.  Not sure what the Thompson/Brash strategy was on that one, but in my opinion we have them to thank for 5 more years of shitey Wrighty.

Perhaps it's Brash's way of currying favour with the mob to return to his beloved Labour Party?

As for poor Picton, I can only imagine he has been dropped again as quickly as he was picked up in the first place.  ::)

Hartlepudlion

It was close on all fronts.

The voting system needs to change, particularly in local elections, to take in to account the minority parties.

How often do you hear "my vote won't count so why should I vote" ?

Mr.E

Practice makes perfect, and if you want to get change!

Then might I suggest that you make a start on the jokes of the town the Mayor and his other half and at any councillor election as you know IF we UNITE we can be a force to be reconded with! But you have seen in the GE what happens when we are divided!

UKIP took voters from BOTH Conservatives & LIEbour

So forget the jokes, forget the people forget the brands and look at the policies and pledges and the manifestos of each party. Then see who had them and you might be surprised!

If you want to build on what that hatred of Ian Wright go straight to his MAIN opposition and work with UKIP to develop what is needed.

Jim Gillespie

I think you will find that electoral change is on the political mainstream agenda now.

Not because of UKIP but ironically because of the SNP.

Labour is F**ked without the Scottish vote and they know it.

The Tories realise that they need to do something about the Scots too.  having promised them the earth at the referendum, then opened auld wounds with the England/Scotland rhetoric in the run up to the General Election, even Buffoon Boris freely admits something must be done now.

This will of course strengthen UKIP's position in future.

The North of England is the last Labour stronghold.  The SNP cannot come down beyond Hadrians Wall, so only UKIP can beat Labour back into second place up here.

I'm looking forward to that

WiseOwl

SNP       1.45 million = 56 seats
Libdems  2,4 million = 8 seats
SNP/LD   3,85 million =64 seats

UKIP       3.9 million = I seat

Makes sense to me