Is this the final nail in the Mayors Coffin ?

Started by seaton, April 17, 2015, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Never underestimate the depths the local Labour group will sink to, Fred.

Wrighty has never before commented on the antics of the Labour Group. It's only now, when Wrighty is worried about the impact the local group's behaviour will have on his own vote that he's decided to act. It's classic 'Yes, Minister' stuff  - call for an investigation to make it look as if something is happening to bring Labour's house in order but make sure the result, which will completely exonerate the ABs, isn't published until after the elections.

Remember that those carrying out the investigation have themselves already voted against calls for SAB to resign. What has happened since to make them vote otherwise? Nothing.

You have to do something really spectacular to get thrown out of the group - like vote to defend the public's right to ask questions.

Incidentally, it's odd that Wrighty should cite the Brash episode as an example of how 'properly' things are done. The local Labour Group made a complete balls up of it all failing to follow their own procedures - in the end Brash walked away in disgust.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I have no illusions as to the depths The TorLab Mob will sink to Steve, my first comment on this thread alluded to that, they have no credibilty with an awful lot of people in Hartlepool, the point i was trying to put across was those people are unlikely to put up with The TorLab Mob trying to gloss over a Hugh Pile of S***e with 500 gallons of Dulux Brilliant White.

The first full Council Meeting after the election will be one "Not To Be Missed"

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The Mob

Lord Elpus

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on April 20, 2015, 09: AM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/time-to-go-former-labour-leader-joins-calls-for-hartlepool-mayor-to-resign-1-7218298

Well done Steve Wallace for speaking out.  Could this be the start of a political come back?

Only if its as an Independent....... Hartlepool has had the A**e ripped out of it over the last 50 years by Labour ..... Take a look at the rest of Teesside, there are all sorts of major infracstructure projects going on, office blocks & factories, major road building & refurbishment... what do we get....................................

A Ferris Wheel & a Mayor that couldn`t lie straight in bed & a Visionary benefits clerk..... FFS

beanzontoast

The Labour party machine has been advising the Mayor on all legal matters,  his employer Newcastle CC, as another labour controlled council were expected to go lightly with the Mayor and were probably leaned on by the party machine in london, the labour party will chuck him out at the soonest. The word is they are looking to replace him with Karl Richardson, will they never learn

notenoughsaid

For the last few days I have been banging the drum regarding Lord Mandelson and his close ties with the Akers -Belchers (along with people on another ,unknown to me, forum) .I find it strange his Lordships strongest ally suddenly comes to the forefront after all these years and says the time is right to get rid. Perhaps Peter has now lost faith with them (I say "them " as  Steve does not stipulate SAB or CAB but seems to imply both.) Perhaps Labour Head Office have woken up to the damage they have caused to the former Hartlepool/Labour Citadel.   Only time will tell. Good riddance comes to mind.

BILLYG

WHY should it be a final nail in his coffin ??. Just bury him alive.

crisstw

Reading that summary of his antics, it sounds so ridiculous. What a complete pank.

steveL

Quote from: crisstw on April 30, 2015, 11: AM
Reading that summary of his antics, it sounds so ridiculous. What a complete pank.

'Pank'? I'm assuming this was a typo but have been racking my brains trying to figure out what word it should have been. It's got me beat.  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Maybe it is one of those new age words made up by combining two other ones ?

crisstw

Quote from: steveL on April 30, 2015, 01: PM
Quote from: crisstw on April 30, 2015, 11: AM

'Pank'? I'm assuming this was a typo but have been racking my brains trying to figure out what word it should have been. It's got me beat.  ::)

missed out the L :) .... should have said
QuoteWhat a complete plank

:)

steveL