Free to a good home

Started by WiseOwl, April 22, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseOwl

The Labour party apparently do what they're told and the tories sit alongside the other stooges at the local meetings, high ethical standards and conscience in Hartlepool are only used by the UKIP members: as a result, a huge box full of high standards are sitting there, still in their original wrappers.
All you have to do to get them utilised is to vote in every prospective UKIP candidate.
This will have a knock on effect;
The stooges will be picked off and put back in their padded cells
The people of Hartlepool will be a lot happier again
The sun will shine through much purer air
Another victory for the nice people of Hartlepool

not4me

"high ethical standards and conscience in Hartlepool are only used by the UKIP members:"

How exactly does that fit in with Tom Hind's statement that "ward budgets are a good way to buy votes"?

steveL

I think someone needs to lay off the chemicals a bit .....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: WiseOwl on April 22, 2015, 01: PM
The Labour party apparently do what they're told and the tories sit alongside the other stooges at the local meetings, high ethical standards and conscience in Hartlepool are only used by the UKIP members: as a result, a huge box full of high standards are sitting there, still in their original wrappers.

This is UKIP the party that has banned members from making political statements on social media sites !!!!!

And Nigel had so many 'standards ' he started shifting them abroad in his brothers name so as to avoid paying his share of taxes. What was that about Mrs Farage screaming at a woman she believed to be Nigel's mistress?
The woman Nigel got a non-job for so she could suck at the taxpayers tit while he sucked at hers......

beanzontoast

Notforme the statment made is rather exaggerated what was said was the ward member budgets were the only piece of democracy within the council and if these were taken away from members  the labour contingent would be seem as giving to worthy causes with the potential to receive votes of course the lady referred to as mad dog jumped in with sqeels of outrage, the same with the bells article well off the real story but never mind lets look forward to better times after may 7th.

DRiddle

Tom, I was sat two seats away from you and there was no need for anyone to exaggerate. What you literally said was "Some people see ward budgets are a good way to buy votes". Councillor James responded with "I don't think votes are that cheap to buy".

Which in many respects means you BOTH believe votes to have a 'price'.

I believe on Manor House the free removal of white goods a few weeks before the election might help gain a few votes. That has a monetary value of about £15, but apparently that's legal.

Still, I guess that's slightly less blatant than saying "Vote for me and I'll give you £1,000 towards the cost of a local bus service".

Ward budgets are little more than a mechanism by which councillors who do NOTHING can show they did SOMETHING. Even though all their work involves is literally saying "yes" to a request for money.

WiseOwl

It ties in with not for sale, not buying votes but free to a good home