Accountability

Started by Lord Elpus, March 29, 2015, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Calamity Chris has often said that the new system of Governance makes Councillors and 'Civic Leaders' more accountable.

Can I suggest that is put to the test via a simple email to CAB and his Labour Councillors asking them why they voted against every proposal to allow the Residents of Hartlepool some sort of voice regarding HBC joining a Combined Authority.  This seems to be a complete contradiction to the concept of listening to the electorate and living in a democracy.

I would not bother emailing Jean Robinson, she never replies.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 29, 2015, 09: AM

I would not bother emailing Jean Robinson, she never replies.

I understand that, like the bigfoot, she's of interest to cryptozoologists - many have heard of her but she's never actually seen.  ;)

Foggy

I was astounded when I realised how many votes she got in 2012. One thing is for sure... That won't happen again. The people of Hart will not forget her disappearing act during the gypsy site fiasco.

LE - Regarding the question you have suggested emailing to CAB and his cronies, could this be asked by a member of the public at the next full council meeting? Well, asked via email before the meeting but you know what I mean  ;) Is this kind of question allowed?

Lord Elpus

In theory yes it should be allowed, Devlin will probably say it is out of order as the decision has already been make by Council.

Foggy

Typical. So much for openness, transparency, honesty and integrity. There wasn't much of that around on Thursday when they all took a vow of silence and refused to take part in any 'debate'.

Although it was hardly surprising as the majority of the Labour lot struggle to string two sentences together without help.  Perfect illustration of this was Alan Barclay.  When questioned by Paul Thompson about the timing of his Armed Forced presentation, he read a prepared statement.  It was like he knew someone would question him about it  ::)