Headland development

Started by Inspector Knacker, March 29, 2015, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I notice work is commencing on the site of the former St Hildas hospital. As it's to be housing, would it be asking to much for the developers of the site to make an effort to build properties that are in sympathy with a conservation area and not a load of banal bog standard  boxes..?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

SRMoore

Ensuring any new development blended into the surrounding properties within the conservation area was one of the main reasons for the Headland developing their own local plan in conjunction with the Princes Trust?

Councillor Jim Ainslie knew this as local councillor and chairman of parish council and it is, in my belief, one of the main reasons he fought so vehemently to have this development rubberstamped before the local plan was finished.

So unsympathetic blocks and more flats is the price we pay for "long overdue investment".

Thanks Jim

Inspector Knacker

I'm not ecpecting much at all if past practice is anything to go by. A mundane tarting up of a even more mundane 'design' is my expectation........ the headland is a place poorly served in this respect with years of trying intentionally or unitentionally turning the place into one drab housing estate.

Alnwickist

There are deeper issues with this development.

Shane is nearly hitting the nail on the head ,but not quite. :)

Inspector Knacker

Well until the 'deeper issues'  float to the surface, I'll stick to  requesting we don't get a rabbit hutch development instead of a suitable one.