Celebrate the 50 years of Labour achievements in Hartlepool......

Started by mk1, February 15, 2014, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

http://republic-of-teesside.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Hartlepool

We want work (Solidarity Vol 2 no 9) Feb / March 1963

"The whole atmosphere surrounding West Hartlepool is one of decay. Factories stand idle. Girders, red with rust, lie about in the churned up solid frozen mud of factory yards. The main shopping streets were not crowded, even on Christmas Eve. Even the pubs were half empty, a sure sign of unemployment in the town.
More than 3,000 men are on the dole in Hartlepool, or 12% of all insured workers. The Government's report that 'the country is going to the dogs' because we've all too much to spend on fridges, horses and holidays on the Costa Brava, does not even raise a cynical smile in West Hartlepool.............

"I don't like that ******.Leadbitter (West Hartlepool Prospective labour MP) "he's too smooth. Vote Labour and you'll be alright. Don't bother to think for yourself. Does he think we're a bunch of *****or something ? All he wants to do is to get in Parliament".

Mail Jan 2014

THE number of people out of work in Hartlepool and claiming jobseekers allowance increased last month.
New figures released this morning show 3,937 people claimed the benefit in December last year compared to 3,897 the previous month.
It means that 6.8 per cent of people in Hartlepool claimed jobseekers allowance last month, significantly higher than the national and regional average.

ARC86

Absolutely pathetic!! Would you care to give us a solution? Thought not!! What a joke you guys are!!

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on February 15, 2014, 11: AM
What a tosser ARC is.

Yes he loves to come here to  'sprout off' and expose the 'falousy' of our thinking!

Hartlepudlion

Well Arc86 it is blatantly obvious that Labour have not found a solution despite fifty years of governance. It is time someone else had a go.
HARTLEPOOL!! NOW is the time to ditch Labour and elect some other party, whoever they are they can't do worse. And that goes for the MP. Make Hartlepool a marginal and see how the main parties will become interested in the town.  Stop being a patsy for the Labour Party.

Oh, Arc86, I recommend that you lock up your pc, tablet or whatever you use before you go out for a bevy. You lose credibility from such early morning postings and they detract from your good works.

craig finton

Interesting read that. I thought we had at least being treading water for the last 50 years but it looks like we've gone backwards.

Interested

Nice to see ARC 86 has resurfaced, fits in nicely with the recent door knocking by the "party" trying to gain an early foothold!!

Its been so quiet on here without you  :o

Good to see nothings changed.............. still trying to defend the antics of our so called "Leader & the Mob", the previous posts prove nothing has changed in the last 50 years and unfortunately if we dont rid the town of this embarrassment it will be the same for the next 50!!!

Welcome back......................d**k

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Quote from: ARC86 on February 15, 2014, 03: AM
Absolutely pathetic!! Would you care to give us a solution? Thought not!! What a joke you guys are!!

Ha ha - Lets try first with getting them all out and then starting again with a blank piece of paper got to be better with what we currently put up with!!!!

Inspector Knacker

It may save a lot of time if he just came on and posted...... VOTE LABOUR cuts out the middle man.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Facebook

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Facebook on February 16, 2014, 05: PM
They achieved nothing without government money.
They didn't achieve very much with government money!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Is there an age restriction on using this forum ?

I am concerned as ARC appears to be a 3 year old wannabe bully boy.

The key factor is Labour have had their chance and miserably failed the people of Hartlepool.
They have failed when Labour have been in power nationally and when they have been in opposition.

Nobody else could possibly be any more spiteful, two faced, self interested, self important and out of touch with reality so there is nothing to lose by having a change.

The only thing that appears to differentiate the greedy self serving Labour mob from the greedy self serving Tory mob in Hartlepool is their home postcode.

Blue ties round West Park, Red ties round Rozzie and Owton Manor all feeding from the same table.

Hartlepool politics makes me think of the film The Cook, The Thief, The Wife, The Lover ...all consuming.   

SRMoore

Interestingly 95% of Hartlepool Conservatives membership live outside of the West Park area.

Jeff

I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

WhatTheHeck

50yrs of Labour and what have they done for Hartlepool.

Hartlepool once had steelwork(s)

Hartlepool once had shipbuilding.

Hartlepool once had docks that imported and exported on a large scale.

Hartlepool once had a myriad of other industries.

Hartlepool once had a call centre.

Hartlepool once had the Tall Ships (once and only once I hope)

Hartlepool once had jobs, even though unemployment was high, most people you lived amongst were working.

All of the above have gone in the last 50 years, (apart from unemployment), there will be a number of factors in the decline, but throughout, Labour has been the political party involved in running/ruining the town.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

steveL

Quote from: SRMoore on February 18, 2014, 08: PM
Interestingly 95% of Hartlepool Conservatives membership live outside of the West Park area.

.... and do you know his name?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.