Council meeting

Started by whatabouthisthen, October 18, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatabouthisthen

So they have put the public inquiry to bed despite requests for a full council meeting so that the public could attend. Thank Wells and CAB for that.

Comments were made by Stubbs basically disparaging the public for not showing interest. He quoted the figures for the public presentation but what could he expect at 2 o'clock on a Friday afternoon. Typical ploy by the politicians with something to hide.

He also said that it was open until 1900. Did anyone try to get in after half five? I heard one person comment that the doors were closed at 5pm.

CC082

Quote from: whatabouthisthen on October 18, 2013, 11: AM
He also said that it was open until 1900. Did anyone try to get in after half five? I heard one person comment that the doors were closed at 5pm.

Nowhere was it advertised that this meeting was going on til 7pm....Usual misinformation....Common sense would think that a report presentation that starts at 2pm would not take 5 hours to complete...

And if Stubbs is using the lack of attendance against members of the public then shame on him....Advertise it properly next time not on a middle page 2 inch article in the local paper.  Why not try putting it on the front page.....So the information is easily available and also correct....

Lord Elpus

One could tell the panto season was approaching on Thursday evening, I even wondered who would play the dame or dames.  (Plenty of contenders)

I wonder why CAB kept repeating over and again his belief that he is a strong leader.   It made me wonder who he was trying to convince.

An other classic example of the Cabal thinking they know better than professional Officers.  Only a few weeks before there had been a briefing before a planning committee by senior Officers on the dangers of not supporting the local plan.