That EU Referendum...

Started by SRMoore, May 15, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Okay I'm fed up of hearing about how David Cameron should stop pussy footing around and call an EU referendum before 2015. So I'm going to get this off my chest...

In the Commons this evening Eurosceptic MPs were overwhelmingly outvoted by both pro-EU Labour and pro-EU Lib Dems (both whipped) for simply tabling an amendment which expressed regret that there was no mention of a referendum in the queens speech.

THIS IS WHY IT SIMPLY IS NOT POSSIBLE TO HOLD AN EU REFERENDUM BEFORE 2015

Can we now please  stop kidding ourselves and the British public into thinking otherwise and get on with the matters which can be solved during this parliament?

steveL

Looks like the Tories are going to implode again over Europe like they did under Major. There's a faction of the Torys that should really be in UKIP but don't fancy losing their Westminster status and they won't be satisfied until the UK is out of Europe. They don't do compromise even if it loses them the next election - the one way to guarantee no referendum on the EU.

Silly buggers.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

He is indeed, Stephen. I have known James for quite a few years now and do consider him a friend as well as a really hard working MP for the people of Stockton South. (The poor lad has gone grey in 3 years of office)

Of course he has to work hard, he has the smallest majority of any Tory MP. It just goes to show what type of MP you get when your constituency is a marginal seat and not considered a safe seat. Something I believe you too have mentioned in the past.

beanzontoast

The trouble is Shane you are just like Cameron your Leader you can`t decide who you are, and won`t decide until all is lost. So just like the Symbol of the monkey for Hartlepool. You will not leave your branch until you have a firm grip of the next one. You should have jumped ship and you know why and when. Concience dear boy
                                                                       Regards.

SRMoore

I can't decide who I am? Would you like to elaborate or is that just another random statement that gets thrown around without any actual fact to back it up?

I certainly know who I am. I know what I believe in. I know what my political views are and which party they mainly align with. I have only ever been a member of the Conservative Party, not like some who jump from party to party (even those with completely opposing views to the one they just left).

Let me make this absolutely clear once and for all. I have NO INTENTION of jumping ship, swinging to another branch or whatever other analogy you wish to use instead of 'defecting'. If someone has a problem with party management or policy then there are structures in place to change them, but this cannot be achieved by taking the easy way out and walking away.

beanzontoast

SR moore the reason we can`t have a referendum on the EU before 2015 FROM YOUR PARTY is quite simply we are not a SOVERIGN  NATION. Again over to you.

SRMoore

Sovereignty lies with the crown in parliament. Not in Brussels.

The reason we cant have a referendum before 2015 is because the Liberal Democrats and the Labour party would vote against allowing it.

It's simple really. The reality just doesn't fit the usual UKIP mantra.

SRMoore

Quote from: stephen allison on June 02, 2013, 07: PM
Quote from: SRMoore on May 30, 2013, 12: PMIf someone has a problem with party management or policy then there are structures in place to change them

Aww Bless. Do you really believe that? In my experience 
Then you and I have had very different experiences in party politics.

Quote from: SRMoore on June 02, 2013, 06: PMThe reason we cant have a referendum before 2015 is because the Liberal Democrats and the Labour party would vote against allowing it.

How do you know? Until you have the opportunity to vote then you can never say what the result will be.
Please see my original post in this thread. It clearly shows (and you know better than most) that both parties would whip their members into voting against. Both Miliband and Clegg have said they do NOT want a referendum. Couldn't be much clearer than that.

Quote from: SRMoore on May 30, 2013, 12: PMI have only ever been a member of the Conservative Party, not like some who jump from party to party (even those with completely opposing views to the one they just left).

Maybe I should join the Tories........lol.......then Shane would have to welcome me and say nice things about me.......maybe I could even stand for council for them in Rural West, after all, it is the closest ward to where I live.....?
As Deputy Chairman (Membership) I'd certainly welcome you into the party, Stephen. Not just because I 'have' to do so, but because I always welcome new members and encourage them to get involved as much as they can.
All members have an equal opportunity to stand in whichever ward they wish to. In fact, motions are in place to make this even more open and transparent.

You know my contact details

SRMoore

For those of you who are interested, James Wharton has written an excellent rallying cry in the Telegraph today, calling on MPs to back his referendum bill
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10099120/James-Wharton-MP-The-voters-will-punish-MPs-who-oppose-my-EU-referendum-bill.html

I'd suggest that those who are minded to act contact Iain Wright and let him know how you would like to see him vote on the issue. But do remember that Iain has only ever once voted against the Labour whip in nearly 10 years :(

beanzontoast

Hi Guys,  let me try to explain about the EU referendom  and let me see if it might get scary  lets look at the facts the Labour party is at the present time run by ed milliband who is a marxist as is his brother and as his father before him a MARXIST is another name for a COMMUNIST the Labour party is financed by the Unite union whose leader is one L Mcluskywhos heros and he has pictures on his wall to pay homage is  LENNIN and A Skargill this is why Labour introduced mass immigration. The TORYS  masters on the other hand are the multi nationals the multi nationals want cheap labour and the labour party have provided it, I hope you are beginning to see if not keep navel gazing and vote PHF in Manor Ward.

ARC86

What absolute tripe beanzontoast.. was tony blair a marxist? Or gordon brown? Let me guess you are a stalinist? Whatever you may say about Miliband i fully support him and think he will be a radical Prime Minister, UKIP is just a group of disgruntled tories