Hillsborough - What A Disgrace

Started by steveL, September 12, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

What a disgrace this has been. Almost 200 incidences of the Police 'amending documents' to take out any negative comments aimed at themselves, a conclusion that South Yorkshire Police and the ambulance service made "strenuous attempts to deflect blame" for the deaths of 96 Liverpool supporters onto the fans. They carried out crime checks and took blood samples from all 96, including children, it an attempt to prove the fans were drunk.

23 years of being lied to, fobbed off and being labelled as trouble makers and only through the sheer determination and bloody mindedness of a few individuals do we get to the point when the truth finally comes out. The default is always to withold, suppress and deny.

What this shows once again, is that those we rely on to look after our well being and security have no qualms about manipulating and holding back information if they believe it may reflect badly on themselves. We see it here in the Police force but we have seen the same mentality exhibited elsewhere such as the Staffordshire hospital, MPs, the City of London, and the Press.

We are brain-washed from birth to believe that 'all our Police, Nurses and Doctors are wonderful'; that we live in the world's first modern democracy, possessing the 'Mother of All Parliaments' etc but the truth is far from this.

We must break out of this habit of allowing organisations to police themselves through self regulation whether its the Police, the Bankers through the incestuos FSA, local Government, MPs through their own committees and the Professions like the Doctor's BMA (who absurdly had to call a meeting after Harold Shipman had been convicted of murdering over 200 people in order to decide if this warranted him being struck off their register.)

They give you a ballot paper and tell you that's democracy. It's no such thing - it's just a piece of paper. The UK is without doubt the world's greatest fake democracy where any organisation with a hand on power is allowed to use it to its own advantage.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Interesting watching the present Chief Constable of South Yourkshire Police who, of course, says that with the level of transparency the force operates under these days, it couldn't happen today.
Yes, yea . . . 'we have already put procedures in place that mean this could never happen again'
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I think the previous Chief Constable said something very similar at the end of the first enquiry.

The Great Dictator

I feel a bit embarrassed because i believed what was said about the scousers in the tabloids.
I have never believed a single story in any newspaper for a long time.
Then this happens......

danny_boy

I like the scousers. I reckon you can count the copies of The Sun bought in Liverpool each day on one hand since that creep McKenzie did his stuff.

testing times

this is very sad. I heard some of those reading the report this morning actually fainted when they read that over 40 people might have been saved. It really is disgraceful how the police behaved.

Lucy Lass-Tick

That an absolutely and totally obscene travesty of justice is sustained for 23 years is scarcely comprehensible. Many, many people must have had their eyes opened today, and those factions and organisations which twisted the truth and maligned the victims to cover their own backs are going to have a major battle to regain credibility.

Looks as if today could be just the start...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9539424/Hillsborough-prosecutions-likely-over-the-biggest-cover-up-in-history.html

The Great Dictator

Duckenfield and co. should all stand trial.

christine blakey

Let us hope that those responsible are made accountable or the report means nothing but a bid for 'made a mistake...
move on ' which is totally unacceptable.

christine blakey

Chief Constable of Cumbria just been suspended.  It shows the culture of Police Forces and further demonstrates how those at the top have been complacent enough to think that they are above the law (though for some, investigations are still on-going but Hillsborough speaks volumes).

Once one gets done, the others all topple also.  I hope that despite our reservations, we get the best out of the Police and Crime Commissioners role and rid the country of Senior Executives who seek to take advantage of a position of trust, becoming greedy and/or corrupt.