The E.U. and You.

Started by Ryehill, July 12, 2012, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micksmate

Sorry my question was too hard for you, List one: "referendum on our staying in the EU"  Try looking in the party  manifestos.  Like i said simple question, simple answer, if you can't give a simple answer please don't bother.

mk1

Quote from: Micksmate on July 17, 2012, 09: PM
Sorry my question was too hard for you, List one: "referendum on our staying in the EU"  Try looking in the party  manifestos.  Like i said simple question, simple answer, if you can't give a simple answer please don't bother.

Nice swerve.

Until you support your initial position with checkable references then how can we make a balanced judgement?
I never take anything for granted and until I see the exact 'promise' you refer to then there is no point in a reply.
I am not going to do your research for you and if you have the info post it.

Hope that was not too hard for you.................

Micksmate

Quote from: mk1 on July 17, 2012, 10: PM
Quote from: Micksmate on July 17, 2012, 09: PM

Nice swerve.

Nice swerve my a*** like i said simple question simple answer

Until you support your initial position with checkable references then how can we make a balanced judgement?
I never take anything for granted and until I see the exact 'promise' you refer to then there is no point in a reply.
I am not going to do your research for you and if you have the info post it.

Hope that was not too hard for you.................

Try reading the party manifestos, like i said simple question, simple answer, if you can't give an answer go try playing with the traffic, you are boring me.

mk1

Quote from: Micksmate on July 17, 2012, 11: PM

Try reading the party manifestos,

Sorry but  I lent my bound volume of all the Election Manifestos to my brother and he has promised all his mates a read before I get them back.
Could you be a darling and post the information you (should) have at your fingertips?
Your reluctance to part with the 'facts' bodes ill for the veracity of your opening argument.

Ryehill

We were given a referendum on a Regional Assembly in the N.E. We were given a referendum on A.V. The people of Thurrock have shown that there is demand for a referendum . The question of Britain's membership of the E.U. needs to be sorted once and for all and a referendum is the best way to do it. Why? Because it will be the sole subject under discussion and a proper, open ,debate can take place whereas in a G.E. the parties manifestos try to cover every conceivable topic.

whatabouthisthen

Whilst I am not a great supporter of the EU, what all of you have failed to point out is that it has given us constitutional rights that our own governments have failed to do. Ours is the only Western democracy that hasn't given its people a written constitution incorporating a Bill of Rights. We all have a right to take cases to the European Courts of Justice when we think that our own courts have failed us. The European Bill of Rights is far from perfect but it is better than nothing despite our legal system taking full advantage to line their own pockets.

You need to look no further than the prom between Seaton and Hartlepool to find another example of the EU at work. We wouldn't have had this without EU monies. I have been told that the COFE also received EU grants. Remember a few months ago when many millions of EU grants in this region where not taken up? Why? Because the Labour Government wouldn't allow EU grants to be paid direct to the regions - they wanted to play politics. Result: lost opportunities for regeneration and work schemes. Other countries act and not play politics.

On the question of grants. Look around the towns in our region and it seems Hartlepool is the only town without a major regeneration programme. I wonder why?!

Vincent

Sorry Micksmate but I had to have a look at the Liberal Democrat Manifesto for this statement: -

"The European Union has evolved signifi cantly since the last public vote
on membership over thirty years ago. Liberal Democrats therefore remain
committed to an in/out referendum the next time a British government signs
up for fundamental change in the relationship between the UK and the EU"

Perseus the following statement is for you: -

"Scrap unfair university tuition fees for all students taking their fi rst
degree, including those studying part-time, saving them over £10,000
each. We have a fi nancially responsible plan to phase fees out over
six years, so that the change is affordable even in these diffi cult
economic times, and without cutting university income. We will
immediately scrap fees for fi nal year students."

Aint it a shame that the Country didnt vote in a Liberal Democrat Government so these promises could be kept

Vincent

Sorry Micksmate but I had to have a look at the Liberal Democrat Manifesto for this statement: -

"The European Union has evolved signifi cantly since the last public vote
on membership over thirty years ago. Liberal Democrats therefore remain
committed to an in/out referendum the next time a British government signs
up for fundamental change in the relationship between the UK and the EU"

Perseus the following statement is for you: -

"Scrap unfair university tuition fees for all students taking their fi rst
degree, including those studying part-time, saving them over £10,000
each. We have a fi nancially responsible plan to phase fees out over
six years, so that the change is affordable even in these diffi cult
economic times, and without cutting university income. We will
immediately scrap fees for fi nal year students."

Aint it a shame that the Country didnt vote in a Liberal Democrat Government so these promises could be kept

Micksmate

In their 2005 maifesto the Labour party promised a referendum on the EU: Hope you understand that bit?  Now to get back to my question (Oh and by the way Perseus i do not belong to UKIP you *****) and to make it easy for you to understand, I require a S.I.M.P.L.E. answer to a S.I.M.P.L.E. question "why have successive governments promised a referendum on our staying in the EU before reneging on their election promises" I am not a member of any party simply someone who would like simple answers to simple questions,  if you can't give a simple answer but pretend you are some sort of deep thinker and know the answer to the universe, then try putting your answers on the cub/scout forum they may be impressed, personally you bore me.  Remember keep it S.I.M.P.L.E, if you can get your heads out of your backsides long enough.

Vincent

Dear me touched a nerve there Perseus, I also voted for the Liberal Democrats but for many, many reasons not one single issue.

Yes I do blame the Tories for demanding the increase but I also blame Labour for leaving the national kitty empty and the Country nearly bankrupt.

It seems crazy to blame the Liberal Democrats when it was Labour (Tony Blair) who brought the fee system in after John Majors government first proposed them and Gordon Browns government (and Mandelson) who setup the Brown Commission to review the level of fees that should be paid and made sure they would not make any recommendations until after the G.E.

The Liberal Democrats promised to get rid of the fees over 6 years if they had won the election but they did not win and had to put UK Ltd. best interests first

It seems unreasonable of you to make a lifelong decision but thats your perogative

We will see how Nick Clegg gets on in three years time but I think the NUS will more than alienate the public by ranting and raving about some issue which has very little relavance to the majority of people in the UK

mk1

Quote from: Micksmate on July 18, 2012, 12: PM
In their 2005 maifesto the Labour party promised a referendum on the EU: Hope you understand that bit?

If it was so  S.I.M.P.L.E. you would have linked/cut and pasted the  claim in question.
You have not.
That says everything.

I require a S.I.M.P.L.E. answer to a S.I.M.P.L.E. question "why have successive governments promised a referendum on our staying in the EU before reneging on their election promises"

You have yet to establish that 'successive Governments' have done any such thing.
Prove they have and we can move forward.

Micksmate

Quote from: mk1 on July 18, 2012, 12: PM
In their 2005 maifesto the Labour party promised a referendum on the EU: Hope you understand that bit?

If it was so  S.I.M.P.L.E. you would have linked/cut and pasted the  claim in question.
You have not.
That says everything.

I require a S.I.M.P.L.E. answer to a S.I.M.P.L.E. question "why have successive governments promised a referendum on our staying in the EU before reneging on their election promises"

You have yet to establish that 'successive Governments' have done any such thing.
Prove they have and we can move forward.

Like I said if you have nothing positive to say try the cub/scout forum but in your case perhaps the brownies forum would be better, more up your street.  Anyone got a S.I.M.P.L.E.  answer please?

Micksmate

Quote from: perseus on July 18, 2012, 01: PM
yawn..... i'll do it in 3 words for you, short ones that you can read, ok? Here we go....

BECAUSE

POLITICIANS

LIE.

Simple enough for you?

Hooray, yippee, yippee, yippee, at last a simple answer to a simple question, not only that but Perseus has agreed that a referendum was agreed but "politicians lie" I correct myself there is life after death, anyone else with a simple answer.  Thank you Lord.

Ryehill

The question of how much the  N.E. or Hartlepool has received in E.U. grants is easy to answer . It is nothing. Britain is, and always has been, a net contributor to the E.U. so any grants we receive is just getting back our own money.
      Perseus, this may suprise you but I don't particularly want a referendum on Britain's position in the E.U. I want a government which is elected on a Eurosceptic platform and on election gives notice of our intention to leave the E.U. Ten years ago that ambition would probably have been laughable but recently there has been a big change of attitude ,mainly in the Conservative Party, but also in the Labour Party.

mk1

Quote from: Micksmate on July 18, 2012, 01: PM
Quote from: perseus on July 18, 2012, 01: PM
Hooray, yippee, yippee, yippee, at last a simple answer to a simple question, not only that but Perseus has agreed that a referendum was agreed

Nope he does not say that.
Your capacity to see what you want to see increases by leaps and bounds................