Full Council Meeting Thursday, 26th February

Started by admin, February 22, 2015, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: steveL on March 01, 2015, 09: AM
I believe that Middlesbrough have thrown the towel in on this and now video their own meetings. They had resisted at first but finally had to admit that they were Pickled.

Given what happened with the minutes last Thursday, I doubt if anyone would be happy to rely on in-house videoing in Hartlepool. They would never be able to resist tinkering with it.

Indirectly that is what i was getting at, I would be most unhappy if the public were refused the facility to film council meetings & we were left with a "Council Recording"

If the recording of council meetings was the sole preserve of The Council.............. They would have no hesitation in contracting out the "Editing Of The Recording" to Quinton Tarantino..... & B****x to the cost.

DRiddle

I remember a meeting last year in which the issue of recording meetings came up. Dave Stubbs ruled it out on grounds of cost, saying it would too expensive.

I pointed out at the time it could be done using the phone in my pocket and a grands worth of kit could have it recorded with crystal clear clarity, perfect audio and live streaming.

Obviously the usual suspects tutted and shook their heads because they knew better and it was ruled out.

I wonder if they have a change of heart . . .