The Niramax image control campaign finally takes over the Mail.

Started by mk1, January 21, 2013, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Gushing puff piece disguised as news.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/bursting-with-pride-1-5335877

Leading waste management company Niramax is delighted to be backing the awards for the third year running.

Sales and marketing manager Gemma Borthwick said: "As a Hartlepool company through and through, Niramax has had no hesitation in taking on the role of main sponsor.

"The awards have proved tremendously effective in turning the spotlight on individuals who represent the very best of our town.

"We are delighted to continue our sponsorship and play our part in bringing recognition to another group of local heroes in 2013.

"The launch of the Pride of Hartlepool Awards in 2011 happily coincided with a series of major developments within the Niramax Group.

"Multi-million pound investments in sophisticated new waste processing technology, a cutting edge plant for converting waste into fuel and extending our waste collection and transport infrastructure into the Tyne and Wear area consolidated our position as a regional leader in waste re-use and recovery.

"Moreover, we extended our workforce to around 120 employees and laid the foundations for continuing development through 2012 into the future.

"We are proud to be associated with people whose pride in their town is an inspiration to us all."

Must be hard for the man to walk properly with both the fa*tty Belchers and Joy jammed up his ar*se................

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It must take the shine off the award knowing it is backed by Niramax.
I don't believe it.

steveL

How about 'Welcome to Niromax City' - it only requires a bit of admin to change the name of the town, after all. They're already on our roundabouts and stuck to the 'Welcome to Hartlepool - In the Tees Valley' signs and also have a sponsored stand at pools; didn't someone once say they that they were connected in some way to the firm that does the security at the Krem? (or was that the KGB?) So why not go the whole hog and rename the town after them.

All of this reminds me of when I got lost in that bit between The Lakes and Sellofield - you know, the bit where no one ever goes. I came across some sleepy, small town which I can't remember the name of - I'll call it No Town for now. Anyway, the entrance to the town had it's own Welcome sign which read:

Welcome to NO TOWN - Home of the Blue Whitener

You have to go back in time a bit to remember the washing powder OMO and its famous Blue Whitener.

Sadly, it looks like the place in question is still stuck there.

I suppose Welcome to Hartlepool - Final Resting Place for Most of the North East's Rubbish and Dodgy Waste would be a bit impracticable.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Proud Sponsors of a "Sickly Sweet Odour" that pervades various areas of the town depending on which way the wind blows.

mk1

I thought Niromax had a policy on not s**tting in their own sty and kept hartlepool clear of the havoc they visit on other areas.
Am I wrong?

norfolkngoode

Quote from: steveL on January 21, 2013, 07: PM

I suppose Welcome to Hartlepool - Final Resting Place for Most of the North East's Rubbish and Dodgy Waste would be a bit impracticable.

Interesting point at the end there Steve..... I work out of town and Hartlepool has already been renamed by some people I work with, (using a slight variation on the old CB radio code for Billingham which I believe was chemical city)......... It is generally known as Land fill city.
'They don't like it up em'