Anyone for Golf?

Started by steveL, December 17, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Here's an odd one dug out from the last six months of £500+ expenditure by HBC's Regeneration and Neighbourhood Services Department

Admission and Entrance Fee Charges (Apr - Sept)

£600.00   Cleveland Golf Club   
£1,040.52   Hartlepool Golf Club   
£1,240.00   Hunley Hall Golf Club   
£1,360.00   Saltburn Golf Club Ltd   
£2,048.00   Seaton Carew Golf Club   
£1,000.00   Wilton Golf Club

Total £7,288.52

Go figure . . .  :-\

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

You can view the 6-month consolidated expenditure here (Excel). Note the amount of information redacted with no obvious explanation.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/files/April_Sept_2012_Expenditure_Information.xls
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Double the figure of £7,288.52 = £14,577.04 .... Divide that by 52 = £280.33

It would appear that the ratepayers of Hartlepool are paying £280.33p a week for someone to play golf at various golf courses in the Teeside area.

Couple that with around £500 a week for "Bar Provisions" it would appear that HBC are doing alot of Entertaining... "Corporate or otherwise"

The Re-Dacted amounts comes out around the £140,000 mark...is this a result of The Pink Paper system ???? We already have issues with a lack of Transparency as per Peer Groups opinion.

Almost £40,000 on what appears to be CRB checks......... What is the cost of a single CRB check ????..... Who is it that is conducting the CRB checks ????.... How many people a year do HBC need CRB checks for ????

steveL

I think the cost of a CRB is around £36. I had to get one done a couple of years ago for a contract I was working on.

Some years ago, there was a scheme for NEATS to be taken for golf lessons but I think it died a death fairly quickly. Besides, whether it was ever a good idea or not, I wouldn't see a reason for them to be taken to a posh hotel links in Saltburn.

fred c

I wasn`t thinking CRB  was an issue as such, i was really trying to quantify how much per check & how many checks a year were required, better safe than sorry where young people are concerned i agree.

The Golf "Fees".. it could be a corporate scheme that allows HBC a number of places on the course per week for a number of people..... ie. 4 people 3 times a week... this is a fairly common thing in Golf Clubs.

But to have it spread over 6 different Teeside Golf Clubs is rather strange......The £14,500 a year roughly equates to 20 / 25 memberships at a local golf glub.

The Great Dictator

Who is playing golf at our expense ?

mk1

Quote from: testicles on December 18, 2012, 02: AM
Who is playing golf at our expense ?

Now if we  could find an expense claim for ping-pong balls.......................