Nosey Parker ...

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, December 07, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Just being nosey ...does anybody know why they are redoing Seaton prom wall again ?
(I thought it had just finished being repaired !)
I don't believe it.

steveL

I can't remember the ins-and-outs but I seem to remember reading that they took the work so far but then had to wait a while, perhaps for foundations to settle, before they could complete the work.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I was along there today & it looks as though it is a limited area they are working on, i seem to remember there was a project were bore holes were drilled at several places along the whole of the prom, not sure if the work being carried out now has anything to do with that.

The prom wall doesn`t look any different looking at it from the beach, it looks as it always has to me.

Inspector Knacker

The company doing the work have spent several.weeks digging a huge trench from the bottom of Seaton Lane beach access all the way along to the sand dunes, a section at a time,lining the trench and filling it with crushed rocks and recovering it with sand.
I can only assume these are foundations and the proper work will commence when they settle...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

it is the other direction, where the old north shelter was that they are knocking 7 bells out of the prom. ....thanks anyway.

...as I say just being nosey.
I don't believe it.