Started by jeffh, March 22, 2019, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

My understanding from last night's meeting

A couple of years ago we borrowed £1.5m for Jackson's Landing from Tees Valley
This year we received a £42m grant from the TVCA
Out of that grant we pay back the £1.5m

Now by my reckoning that means the grant was actually £40.5m

According to CAB we got Jackson's Landing for free and still had a £42m grant awarded

Am I missing something?

Inspector Knacker

So they've taken £1.5 m out of the grant to pay off a debt.?
So when the grant was made, did TVCA know part of the grant was being used to pay off a debt or was the £42m all intended and earmarked for other projects?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

If this is correct, could the TVCA money for the 'Linear Park' be an umbrella to also include the land purchase?

fred c

Both CAB and Cranney launched into propaganda speeches of epic proportions about the £142 million pounds 'they' had secured for the regeneration of the town, shortly afterwards CAB launched a diatribe of the same epic proportions about central government cutting funding.......

I wonder where they think the £142 million in grant money came from ?????

Inspector Knacker

An election is around the corner. They'll be out taking credit for anything they can and getting it publicised as the photo shoot count rises by the day.
Anything perceived as showing them in a good light is proclaimed from the roof tops ( even when the money is from the government) and grasp any credit with relish and let the world know their genius made it all possible. Any bad news is taken into a cul de sac and and quietly buried at midnight or blamed on the cuts or austerity as a blanket reason from th 'nowt to do with me Guv' school of parish pump politics.
It's a pattern that never changes, but this time it's gone into overdrive as they stand beaming amidst the activity of new works in the town centre preening themselves over their achievements as work continues apace on work that sadly never needed doing in the first place, but when you have a limited imagination or even 'vision' it's so much easier to just rehash someone else's work.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.