Another 1's Gone

Started by fred c, March 09, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Another senior officer of HBC has decided to move on, the Borough Solicitor Peter Devlin  has called it at day at the Kremlin.

jawsbbc

even he has had enough of the toxic few  whats betting it will be someone of cabs choosing

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I always thought Devlin was a bit soft on the mobs antics.
Maybe for an easy life.

I can't see them hiring anybody who will hold them to account.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Wouldn't one of those nodding dogs once popular on car parcel shelves fit the bill perfectly and possibly possess a superior IQ.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

I'm glad that Peter Devlin is leaving, mainly cos I like him and suspect he's sick to his back teeth of the current Civic Leadership.

If Alison Carmen is still his number two and gets the position things will get considerable worse IMO.

Johnny Bongo

Just because Devlin has called it a day, doesn't mean he's not liable to any previous 'issues' that HBC have had!  If he hasn't had the balls to speak up against CAB and the other criminals at the Kwemlin, then, imo, he's as complicit as the rest of them...and a coward!  The phrase 'Rats leaving a sinking ship' springs to mind!   

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Curiously Cllr James Black has mentioned that he has not resigned but is leaving by a mutual arrangement. I assume he means agreement but no idea what difference that means.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

He's still leaving even if they launch him in a rocket. End result is still the same.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Leaving,  yes but but how much is the pay off?.

Lord Elpus

I bet there's a gagging clause

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 11, 2018, 05: PM

A FOI request would give details of any payments wouldn't it ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

I wonder how many mid or higher level officers have parted company with HBC since Ms Alexander became CEO and CAB became leader ?

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 11, 2018, 05: PM

I am trying very hard not to be a very naughty boy in a reply..............

mk1

Here is a man blissfully unaware that his 'leaving' is on the horizon.  The new intake smirking over his shoulder are  secretly plotting to get rid of him and install their man as the Local MP.    He has not got a clue.

jeffh

Quote from: mk1 on March 11, 2018, 07: PM
Here is a man blissfully unaware that his 'leaving' is on the horizon.  The new intake smirking over his shoulder are  secretly plotting to get rid of him and install their man as the Local MP.    He has not got a clue.

Try and place an x on the SCAB - harder than Spot the Ball on a foggy night at Victoria Ground