Calamity Chris hijacks International Women's Day

Started by Paul Thompson, February 28, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Thompson

News from within the Labour Group has reached me regarding Calamity Chris once again putting his foot right in it !!

It turns out that Cllr Lesley Hamilton had been tasked as a representative of Unison to organise an event for International Women's Day on Thursday 8 March. In keeping with the intention of the day, Cllr Hamilton wanted women of all creeds and backgrounds to participate without fear or worry about who else would be attending. Cllr Hamilton arranged for posters to be produced via the HBC PR Team which celebrated the day and encouraged "women of all ages, please join us....".  This post is not a sleight at Cllr Hamilton, quite the opposite.  I think she should be applauded as an elected member who is keen to promote the challenges facing women at times. (Well done Lesley !!)

The twist in the tale is what happened when the matter was discussed at the Labour Group meeting. Turns out that Calamity Chris was incandescent with rage at the fact that he had not received an invitation to "International Women's Day".......afterall he is the Leader of this town (don't you know).  Chris flew in to a further rage, supported by no less than Hartlepool's number 1 feminist Cllr Marjorie James, who claimed it was discriminatory against men.  It was pointed out to Chris that the potential audience of this event included those who had suffered domestic violence or were persecuted refugees and they may be put of attending if they audience included males.

Chris was still undeterred and demanded that he be allowed to attend. (Personal note to Mr Calamity - THE CLUE IS IN THE TITLE OF THE EVENT - International WOMENS Day).  Cllr Hamilton has stuck to her grounds and is now in deep trouble with the 'hierarchy'.

However, that is not where the tale ends.

It turns out that someone went stamping his feet to the Chief Executive demanding that she intervene. The consequence being that the PR Team were ordered to change the wording of the poster to say "everyone, please join us....".  The morale of the story being, if you can't get your own way, go and stamp your feet in Gill's office.

I personally really hope that CAB does attend the event. My 15 year old daughter is going and she is appalled that the male Leader of HBC can bully his way into an event to celebrate Women's achievements over the last 100 years. A warning to CAB - She has a bigger gob than me and she is keen to discuss it with you :)

Finally Chris (I know you and others pour all over this site to find out who has leaked what information), ask yourself this - How do I know this tale ? How have I heard the recording of the meeting ? Who is it close to you that is plotting your downfall ? It won't be long now ;)

Lucy Lass-Tick

fred c

Another disaster to add to the long list of disasters by the Council Leader, his unwavering belief that he is the most important person he knows is staggering, his ego is matched only by his stupidity.

What most of us can't figure out is why do fellow labour councillors put up with his dictatorial management style, and even more puzzling, why does the CEO allow him to behave as he does to council staff.

Whoever has a copy of the audio recording would be doing the town a massive service if they supplied a copy of it to the Post (on the qt).........

Tomorrow will be an incredibly sad for everyone in The Hartlepool Post family, how fitting would it be that a copy of that recording featured on the Forum.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So we have our Ex ARMY champion asking why the Royal NAVY museum doesn't represent him
and now a MAN asking why he wasn't asked to a WOMANs conference.

How come HCLP has not self destructed under their own powers ?
It is a miracle of science how they still exist.   
I don't believe it.

fred c

The consequence being that the PR Team were ordered to change the wording of the poster to say "everyone, please join us.

Obviously someone in a Senior Position within the council has taken the easy option to deal with the Hissy Fitter.

Now all that's needed is for 15 or 20 males to turn up to make it another HBC PR disaster...........ffs, when will someone stand up to this bloke and tell him to simply Fook Right Off

DRiddle

I was just having a quick google to see if there are any other men (on planet Earth) insisting on attending International Women's day events.

I found these snippets below from an article which I've adapted to this issue.

The general gist seems to be (as one would expect) men should not attend unless specifically asked to do so.

Reason one.
•Some women's events sell out quickly or have limited availability. Why should a man take a seat that could otherwise go to a deserving woman?

Reason two.
•Some events, especially smaller ones, are designed to create a safe space for women to discuss concerns. Having men in the room might constrain the dialogue. Imagine if there are women present who have been the victims of misogyny, sexist comments (or far worse) and the likes of Cranney are 'mingling' around the buffet.

Reason three.
•Men may be seen as having questionable motives. We heard these concerns from women:

"Guys at events are always hitting on me."

"They're only there to sell me something."

"They just want to check a box on their personal diversity scorecard."

"They're annoying: desperate to find candidates to increase their organisation's diversity ratio."

In this particular case my guess would be CAB is trying hard to network with the Unison women, one of whom I know has significant input into who get's the nod as Labour Candidate for MP for Hartlepool.

Overall, regarding men attempting the article suggests men just make sure:

1.You'll be welcome. (Not sure? Ask the organizer.)
2.You're clear on your intentions.
3.You're prepared to listen and learn.

Regarding those last 3, it think the answers are obvious.
1. He's not welcome.
2. His intentions are self promotion (as always).
3. He never is and he never will.

Crazy times as always under Akers-Belcher. This is without doubt the darkest period in Labour's local history in Hartlepool.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Paul Thompson on February 28, 2018, 03: PM
......after all he is the Leader of this town (don't you know).
Nah, more like the leader of the Bash St Kids of Politics
Looks to me like all the stops are being desperately pulled out in an attempt to raise his profile, after all, there is an election in May.
When are the projects in Church Street and Seaton fuel for completion by the way?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

It's just a pity he can't exhibit this need for interaction with the people at Full Council Meetings

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on February 28, 2018, 06: PM
It's just a pity he can't exhibit this need for interaction with the people at Full Council Meetings
The people are mere mortals, how could a veritable Sun God interact with such creatures?

jawsbbc

i sadly cannot get there as i would have rallied the troops (women i might add) and stood behind pauls daughter as she  discusses  it with him   ;) ;) ;) ;) maybe next time  PS  rather a lot of info is coming out of the  civic  to a lot off people  they must be  as fed up as the rest of us

Lord Elpus

I understand yet another senior officer resigned last week.  He'd simply had enough.

Disgruntled voter

What a fool . His simple partner has probably made a placard to protest for equal rights for the deluded one!

jawsbbc

Quote from: Paul Thompson on February 28, 2018, 03: PM
News from within the Labour Group has reached me regarding Calamity Chris once again putting his foot right in it !!

It turns out that Cllr Lesley Hamilton had been tasked as a representative of Unison to organise an event for International Women's Day on Thursday 8 March. In keeping with the intention of the day, Cllr Hamilton wanted women of all creeds and backgrounds to participate without fear or worry about who else would be attending. Cllr Hamilton arranged for posters to be produced via the HBC PR Team which celebrated the day and encouraged "women of all ages, please join us....".  This post is not a sleight at Cllr Hamilton, quite the opposite.  I think she should be applauded as an elected member who is keen to promote the challenges facing women at times. (Well done Lesley !!)

The twist in the tale is what happened when the matter was discussed at the Labour Group meeting. Turns out that Calamity Chris was incandescent with rage at the fact that he had not received an invitation to "International Women's Day".......afterall he is the Leader of this town (don't you know).  Chris flew in to a further rage, supported by no less than Hartlepool's number 1 feminist Cllr Marjorie James, who claimed it was discriminatory against men.  It was pointed out to Chris that the potential audience of this event included those who had suffered domestic violence or were persecuted refugees and they may be put of attending if they audience included males.

Chris was still undeterred and demanded that he be allowed to attend. (Personal note to Mr Calamity - THE CLUE IS IN THE TITLE OF THE EVENT - International WOMENS Day).  Cllr Hamilton has stuck to her grounds and is now in deep trouble with the 'hierarchy'.

However, that is not where the tale ends.

It turns out that someone went stamping his feet to the Chief Executive demanding that she intervene. The consequence being that the PR Team were ordered to change the wording of the poster to say "everyone, please join us....".  The morale of the story being, if you can't get your own way, go and stamp your feet in Gill's office.

I personally really hope that CAB does attend the event. My 15 year old daughter is going and she is appalled that the male Leader of HBC can bully his way into an event to celebrate Women's achievements over the last 100 years. A warning to CAB - She has a bigger gob than me and she is keen to discuss it with you :)

Finally Chris (I know you and others pour all over this site to find out who has leaked what information), ask yourself this - How do I know this tale ? How have I heard the recording of the meeting ? Who is it close to you that is plotting your downfall ? It won't be long now ;)
sure he is suffering from a  Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD)  it is a personality disorder in which there is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings. People affected by it often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or about their appearance. They often take advantage of the people around them. The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of situations.

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on February 28, 2018, 09: PM
I understand yet another senior officer resigned last week.  He'd simply had enough.

I know of 2 officers who have moved on from HBC.........couple those with the one mentioned about and you have to question Why ?

HBC  management seems to me to be akin to the Pilot of a nuclear laden B52 being told where to drop his bomb by the bloke who washes the plane.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on March 01, 2018, 06: AM

HBC  management seems to me to be akin to the Pilot of a nuclear laden B52 being told where to drop his bomb by the bloke who washes the plane.

Sums it up nicely, a gigolo being given advice by a eunuch.