Bear baiting on Facebook...............

Started by mk1, November 12, 2017, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I don't like being called a liar, particularly in this sort of matter. It's easier to suggest not to rise to it than it is to do.  They are experts in this field (and sadly no other), and I fell for it    I'll learn eventually.   

I just look forward to the day thier house comes tumbling down.   I suspect that Day isn't too far away.

mk1

Samples from the trolling thread that has since been deleted.

These are the people who now say they were not stalking anyone  .

getagrip

Harry and his Hyenas strike again, I saw that nasty thread and I thought "our hero" acquitted himself with dignity. Also I suspect that  Clouseau and Cato are one and the same entity. Sad when people feel the paranoid impulse to have an alter ego.

fred c

Quote from: mrb on November 13, 2017, 11: AM
As long as you know you were paying your respects at The Cenotaph, what does it matter?

I guess if you are ex-military, I won't understand the emotion involved in such an accusation.

I read Facebook. I read the post. It would be lovely if everyone just shut up for a bit and put their twitboxes away.

Fred - Read my words. The actions you mentioned are what I am referring to when I say what 'this has descended to...' It is inexcusable. But go back to where this stems from originally and it comes from petty internet squabbling.

The petty squabbling morphed into vitriolic abuse from 1 direction and 1direction only, I hold the opinion that considering the abuse hurled at users of this forum, the reaction by members of the post has been very restrained.

mrb

I give my opinion as an outside observer. We'll have to agree to disagree.

mk1

Here you can see  the problem. Clouseau and Cato thought they had caught out their victim. Problem was the victim was not even in the UK!  Clouseau was watching an empty house and  the victim attended a ceremony  in a different  time zone  That is why he could post at 11.00 UK time.
You can see how the  horrible truth slowly dawns on Clouseau and Cato. No wonder the entire thread has been  removed from public view. 

fred c

Quote from: mrb on November 13, 2017, 07: PM
I give my opinion as an outside observer. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ditto

We both must be grown ups......  :)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If the troll is who I think it is, he would call the police and his solicitor if the roles were reversed.

I get the impression he is an egotistical maniac with a chip on his shoulder hell bent on making anybody he is jealous of look bad. Just a guess.

How the once mighty has fallen.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

One time we had mobs with burning torches and pitchforks following a charismatic leaders. Now they have smart phones, laptops and social 'meeja'. Five hundred years separates them and still reacting in the same way.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.