Bear baiting on Facebook...............

Started by mk1, November 12, 2017, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

I have just been watching a very distressing pack-attack on a social media site. A local man who mentions his service in the Military must have aroused the suspicions of the local Inspector Clouseau. The inspector and his trusty sidekick Cato decided to put a 24-hour watch on the  'impostor' and monitor his every online move.

Noticing he was currently on-line Clouseau cunningly engaged him in an innocent conversation without letting the suspect know he was sitting outside his house.  As the suspect's wife's car was missing Clouseau brilliantly deducted that she was out of the house and that was why the suspect was online. If she was at home then obviously the suspect would not have been browsing the internet.  Clouseau sprung his trap. Baiting the suspect that he was a hen-pecked wimp who needed his wife's permission to use a computer he got the man to say that his wife was sitting 'right beside him'.

Result!  The man was obviously lying as the absence of the woman's car clearly indicated she was out of the house. Things were looking bad for the suspect. Very early in the game Clouseau had caught him blatantly lying.  Sensing blood Cato joined in and berated the suspect for lying about the whereabouts of his wife. Together Clouseau and Cato mercilessly mocked him for being under the thumb of his wife.

Several hours passed with low-level insults passing between the two sides when we arrived at Armistice Day.  Clouseau and Cato believed the man would falsely claim to be at the 11:00  Ceremony in Victoria Road whilst he would, in fact, be  stewing in his pit and scratching his ar** . They believed they could catch him out in a further lie and expose him for the dirty rotten scoundrel they always knew him to be.  Quickly a plan was hatched. Spotters were placed outside the suspects house whilst Clouseau and Cato filmed everyone in Victory Square at 11:00. The man's online activity was also monitored and lo and behold he was spotted posting on a local forum at 2 mins after 11:00. Clouseau and Cato were elated. They had proof that the man never left his house, Was not in Victoria Road and was in fact in the act of posting on the internet whilst the Ceremony was conducted. All they had to do now was trick him into stating he was at the Service and they had him.

They needed help so sent out a call to Curly Larry and Mo but it was Mo's day off so only Curly and Larry got involved.  The stage was set and the suspect was engaged in conversation and asked what he was doing at 11:00. 'At a Remembrance Ceremony, he said'. ......it was game on! They now had the chance to completely destroy the suspect. They had cast-iron proof he never left his house and cast iron proof he was not in Victory Square. Clouseau and Cato, now assisted by Larry and Curly let loose a torrent of invective on the unsuspecting suspect. Their attacks were merciless. He was insisting he was at a Ceremony and they were able to show the evidence that he never went anywhere near Victoria Road. I  winced as I saw their blows landing. They knocked lumps out of him. Like a pack of dogs, they took turns biting and harrying him and it looked like the wounds were fatal. No one could survive such a savage attack. He was mocked and ridiculed and his only defence seemed to be saying he did honour the fallen.

I sensed the end was near. I could feel the killer blow was about to be delivered. Clouseau, Cato, Larry &  Curly closed in. The suspect was on the ropes. All I could do was hope the end would be swift quick and the unnecessary suffering avoided.  Then it came. A massive knock-out punch that was so powerful and decisive that Clouseau, Cato, Larry & Curly did not stand a chance. They collapsed in a heap with their credibility in tatters. They had made complete and utter pratts of themselves because Clouseau made a very basic error right at the start of their undercover operation.

Anyone care to guess how  'the suspect' was able to turn the tables on the clowns?

marky

mk1

It took 51 screen grabs to get the whole thread.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Such efforts for the sake of a character assassination.
Who ever they are, they need to get a life.
I don't believe it.

crisstw

BresslawoffoftheBunker

What happened to our hero?  I am on the last day of a weeks holiday and have ran out out of reading material.   Tell me more.....

SRMoore

I'm guessing they had the wrong house and person. :)

fred c

I wonder what the local Member would make of the antics of his 'supporters' if he received an email cc'd to Labour Head Office and Plod with a selection of the most vitriolic screenshots aimed at various posters here and elsewhere, especially the..... we are watching you, you're car isn't on the drive, you're wife is out, I sat outside in the car and took photo's of your home, you are all cowards. ?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Don't worry Fred C.   I've been informed it's all in hand

BresslawoffoftheBunker

mrb

It really is worrying when petty internet squabbling between those with conflicting views descends to this. What does anyone hope to achieve? What good is it to anyone? Trolling upon trolling upon trolling. All sides need to have a look at themselves. Absolutely ridiculous.

kevplumb

Quote from: mrb on November 13, 2017, 10: AM
It really is worrying when petty internet squabbling between those with conflicting views descends to this. What does anyone hope to achieve? What good is it to anyone? Trolling upon trolling upon trolling. All sides need to have a look at themselves. Absolutely ridiculous.
my thoughts exactly  8)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Whilst I agree in some part, difficult to tolerate when Military service etc is called into question, and they are being told by idiots that they are lying about paying respects at The Cenotaph.   Constantly being called a liar bites

fred c

Quote from: mrb on November 13, 2017, 10: AM

Sitting outside of someone's home taking photo's or taking note if you or a  family member is in or out of their home, constant vitriolic verbal abuse, a variety of threats......Is not 'petty internet squabbling"

However, you are correct when you say it is worrying, to constantly offer to 'meet people' and then abuse them and call them cowards for having the common sense not to rise to the jibes is worrying, in fact, it is threatening, can I suggest you take a look at some of the screenshots, before you describe it as "petty". ???

mrb

As long as you know you were paying your respects at The Cenotaph, what does it matter?

I guess if you are ex-military, I won't understand the emotion involved in such an accusation.

I read Facebook. I read the post. It would be lovely if everyone just shut up for a bit and put their twitboxes away.

Fred - Read my words. The actions you mentioned are what I am referring to when I say what 'this has descended to...' It is inexcusable. But go back to where this stems from originally and it comes from petty internet squabbling.