Filling the Gap Programme

Started by jeffh, August 25, 2017, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Following a FOI request here are the recipients of £38,000 of the allocated £42,000 Filling the Gap funding.
(sorry about the formatting)

Further to your request for information, I can advise as follows:-

Q.  How much has Hartlepool BC provided for the 2017 Filling the Gap programme?
A.  £42,000 was agreed to be committed to the project at Finance and Policy Committee on Friday 10 February 2017

Which organisations received funding?

Asylum seeker and refugee group            £400
BCT Be Crafty                                         £3000
Changing Futures North East                   £850
Grange Primary School                         £1200
Harbour Support Services                           £450
Hartlepool Action Recovery Team                 £2280
Hartlepool Carers                                  £470
Hartlepool United Community Sports Foundation                           £2700
Kilmarnock Road Children & Young People Family Resource Centre   £4060
Positive Parents Group                                                           £2213.12
Salaam Community Centre                                                           £3000
St Aidan's and St Columba's Church, Hartlepool                             £500
The Rifty Youth Project                                                           £3670
West View Project                                                                   £2913.75
Wharton Trust                                                                           £1400
Hartlepool Youth Service                                                           £2360
Belle Vue Centre                                                                   £1560
OFCA                                                                                   £2040
Children's Food Trust                                                                   £3000
TOTAL                                                                                £38,066.87

Q.  How much funding did each organisation receive?
A.  See above

jawsbbc

look them up on company house you will be suprised  at how many are  connected  ;)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Interesting. See that the Rifty lot got a hefty chunk. As a matter of interest, does anyone know who is behind the Kilmarnock Road operation now?

jawsbbc

looks like a  few from MRA they are all connected one way or another barring a few

jawsbbc

lots of councilors join the dots

fred c

Who decided who got what, was it officer driven or did a squad of the usual suspects decide...... finding anything out about outfits that have councillors involved is virually impossible, after MRA, you would think that HBC would be very particular about how public money was shared around.

The use of volunteers covers up a multitude of services within community activities, if people aren`t employed i believe the council don`t have responsility for them....... i have difficulty in understanding how so many people can be suckered into acting as volunteers for councillor, who run projects from which they themselves benefit.

jeffh

Quote from: fred c on August 25, 2017, 08: PM
Who decided who got what, was it officer driven or did a squad of the usual suspects decide...... finding anything out about outfits that have councillors involved is virually impossible, after MRA, you would think that HBC would be very particular about how public money was shared around.

The use of volunteers covers up a multitude of services within community activities, if people aren`t employed i believe the council don`t have responsility for them....... i have difficulty in understanding how so many people can be suckered into acting as volunteers for councillor, who run projects from which they themselves benefit.
I believe the "Committee" who dished the dosh were CAB, Cranney and Clarke

jawsbbc

Quote from: jeffh on August 25, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: fred c on August 25, 2017, 08: PM

I believe the "Committee" who dished the dosh were CAB, Cranney and Clarke         ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

fred c

£42,000 pounds of public money........ will the accounts of 'all' of the organisations be made available to the council tax payers..... whatever each organisation receives from the aforementioned £42,000 should be accountable to the last penny...........it won't be acceptable for any of them to generalise the accounts.......... for instance.

£3 per meal....... so an organisation that receives ( hypothetically ) £3,000 should not be able to say, they provided 1000 meals..... they should provide documented accounts for food purchased and number of youngster that receive a meal.

Any of the awarded money that isn't used on food should be returned to HBC coffers, not kept as a 'bonus' by participating organisations.

I have more chance of flying a Spitfire than any of that actually happening.

As I mentioned previously....... the MRA Scandal has brought every venture involving public money into the spotlight and unfortunately, like MRA, we will find it almost impossible to find out exactly what happens to that money  ::)

jeffh

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on August 25, 2017, 07: PM
Interesting. See that the Rifty lot got a hefty chunk. As a matter of interest, does anyone know who is behind the Kilmarnock Road operation now?
From the Charities Commission site (last report for year end September 2016) -

Trustees
Mr Graham Alton
Mrs Teresa Maria Driver
Mrs Valerie Ann Evens
Mr Alex Sedgwick
Mr David Wise

Company Secretary
Mrs Valerie Ann Evens

Inspector Knacker

What criteria did they use to justify the amounts paid to each recipient?
What were the qualifications of those who organised the distribution of the funds to undertake this told?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on August 26, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on August 25, 2017, 07: PM
From the Charities Commission site (last report for year end September 2016) -

Trustees
Mr Graham Alton
Mrs Teresa Maria Driver
Mrs Valerie Ann Evens
Mr Alex Sedgwick
Mr David Wise

Company Secretary
Mrs Valerie Ann Evens

Sedgwick is linked with Belle Vue Centre and is a Cranney placeman

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-sports-venue-celebrates-30th-birthday-1-7342282

Mr Graham Alton

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/a-helping-hand-to-support-troubled-families-1-8244311

Mrs Teresa Maria Driver

https://hartlepool.fsd.org.uk/kb5/hartlepool/fsd/organisation.page?id=CehF9pJVQ6U

Mrs Valerie Ann Evens
http://www.bizstats.co.uk/ltd/west-view-advice-resource-centre-limited-02994776/

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/former-base-of-scandal-hit-hartlepool-charity-given-new-lease-of-life-1-6951697

Seems if you are in 'the network' and know the right councillors.................

Hartlepudlion

I notice the Salaam Centre is once again a favoured recipient of the Council's largesse. I wonder why?

Inspector Knacker

Grange Primary school and Kilmarnock Road FRC are over the road from each other, how does that work out?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

The 'Rifty Youth project' got the largest amount...WHY?  I guess that the SCABs must have another holiday booked sometime soon!  Anyway, if we analyse the recipients against the amounts given to them, then perhaps a pattern might emerge!  As Riddler5 has just pointed out, 'Grange Primary school and Kilmarnock Road FRC are over the road from each other, how does that work out?'  Imo, perhaps a subtle way of securing votes at the next local elections!  Then there's ' ... the Salaam Centre is once again a favoured recipient of the Council's largesse. ...'.  A 'captive audience'...with 'guidance' perhaps, from the Iman, on who to vote for!  Then there's OFCA......no comment!  Hartlepool United Community Sports Foundation....again, imo, anything that happens between HBC and 'Pools' will be construed, imo, as dodgy.  West View Project...a lot of money to them, imo, so is West View classed as a deprived area?  Is the WVP making an impact?
Hartlepool Action Recovery Team... I assume (probably incorrectly) that this is a drug rehabilitation project.  If so, then they probably need a lot more money!
Childrens Food Trust....is this something to do with food banks...or the Holiday Hunger Scheme?  If it's the latter, then remember...'where there's a scheme, there's usually a scheming Labour councillor!  Does anyone here know anything about the other recipients...and, of course, if and how they are connected to HBC and their councillors?