Impact of Trump winning on Hartlepool...

Started by DRiddle, November 09, 2016, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Probably nothing.

What a crazy world we live in when a perma-tanned narcissist with laughably dyed hair can hijack control of a traditionally right wing political party. Arrogant, egotistical, brash, very boastful about his success in business and playing down the fact he was given a massive start in life by his rich father.

Still, at least nothing like that happens round these parts, eh Ray?

#banter

Hartlepudlion

Perhaps.

But it might make the remoaners realise that Brexit was real and that they should now shut up and get on and make it work.

Be interesting to see what happens in Europe over the next few months.

fred c

The bunker in the backgarden is already underway, just need the corrugated tin sheets for the roof.......... I have every confidence I will win my retrospective planning appeal for my Vision.

seatonlady

Wonder if the Clinton supporters will demand another election .... or maybe just emigrate to Canada. Sensible option. ;)

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on November 09, 2016, 09: AM
The bunker in the backgarden is already underway, just need the corrugated tin sheets for the roof.......... I have every confidence I will win my retrospective planning appeal for my Vision.

get yourself down to jacksons landing fred there should be some box profile sheets going cheap   ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Land Phil

Be careful what you say, they both have their own planes and could easily dedicate out the window over your houses.

mk1

Yes it was a massive victory. A complete crushing of the  'lefties' who should accept the fact they are 'bigly' in the minority.

Trump  58478019
Clinton 58182488

A truly crushing margin of victory-295,541 votes

Gustaf I of England + BWH

The result will no doubt impact on us in some way or another, who knows.

However, two songs spring to mind this morning for some reason -

Nelly the Elephant.
Boom Bang a Bang.

God Bless America !

The Great Dictator

Frightening to think idiots like Trump and Corbyn could win an election  :-[

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 09, 2016, 10: AM

You would think but Regan was certainly ga-ga when in office. Policy was even formed by consulting his wife's astrologer. Bush junior was also mentally challenged. Barely above idiot so it isn't as if it is a new scenario. Berlusconi in Italy was another idiot in office. The current Phillipines President is also a nut case.
I can see why UKIP are excited though. They are a party of idiots and they think their time has come. Farage is in America sniffing Trump's ar*se looking for a job. I fear that UKIP are going to try and become Trump UK and  if you thought the old UKIP was crazy wait till you see the new one!

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on November 09, 2016, 11: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 09, 2016, 10: AM

You would think but Regan was certainly ga-ga when in office. Policy was even formed by consulting his wife's astrologer. Bush junior was also mentally challenged. Barely above idiot so it isn't as if it is a new scenario. Berlusconi in Italy was another idiot in office. The current Phillipines President is also a nut case.
I can see why UKIP are excited though. They are a party of idiots and they think their time has come. Farage is in America sniffing Trump's ar*se looking for a job. I fear that UKIP are going to try and become Trump UK and  if you thought the old UKIP was crazy wait till you see the new one!

Merkel will get the boot in Germany came third in local elections in her home state

Lot of Swedish guys I have worked with recently reckon Sweden is on the edge - loosing their identity and sense of safety= bye by EU

Dutch guys I am working with at moment reckon Dutch never wanted to be part of the EU and were ignored by government- strange concept eh?

and...icing on cake, Sarkozey wants to be back in power in France- another EU out

:)  The party is over it's a brave new world- can't wait......cant happen fast enough.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on November 09, 2016, 11: AM

The party is over it's a brave new world- can't wait......cant happen fast enough.
Isn't that what you were saying during the Greek crisis?

Johnny Bongo

Surely a coincidence...but just saw a van with 'Immigration Enforcement' on it, coming out of Johnson Street!  Just wonder when the wall will be built to keep the Smoggies out!  On a more serious note, I reckon that Trump will be 'taken out' if he doesn't wise up.  Interesting times!

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on November 09, 2016, 11: AM
Isn't that what you were saying during the Greek crisis?

;D   I don't recall the Greek "crisis" affecting British West Hartlepool so I couldn't care less other than it was yet another case of a failed state being kept in europe.

The US election results again show that the people will decide....not a bunch of morons in power.

...Well apart from Hartlepool "managed" by HBC that is

akarjl

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 09, 2016, 12: PM
I reckon that Trump will be 'taken out' if he doesn't wise up.  Interesting times!

Your not the first person to voice that idea Johnny.