Tumbleweed junction.

Started by Inspector Knacker, September 10, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I drove past today as I do every day several times, but today was very different because I saw something that vaguely resembled a bus, admittedly it wasn't moving and no one was on it, but it sort of looked the part.
Where do I claim my prize ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Are you sure you didn't have a 'vision'? Apparently quite a common occurrence in that area ;). As to where you claim your prize.....SPECSAVERS!!! ::)

Inspector Knacker

Admittedly,  I've never seen the phantom bus since and I was driving under the influence of a fruit gum at the time, so this may offer an explanation for this bizarre sighting that never was.
Some do say it's the area 51 in bus spotter circles.

Johnny Bongo

As for 'bus spotter 'circles, I actually saw someone in Victoria road, taking pics of the bus and the driver, then writing it in a 'log book'. He did, in my opinion,  look rather 'intense' (and pleased with himself!). Bizarre behaviour to many folks, I reckon...but I can't really comment as one of my hobbies is equally bizarre/ scary and (possibly) revolting! Btw...it doesn't involve children, animals OR Labour/ Conservative Councillors!!! ;D
On a more serious note...why, oh why, don't the clowns on the council, actually take a long, hard look at the 'transport interchange' and the infrastructure surrounding it, then really try to improve the whole layout /system.  Do they really want more people visiting the town, bringing money in, improving the local businesses, etc....OR do they really want this town to DIE?  Slightly off topic here...but rather than start a new thread....here goes!  The Council are always talking up the Historic Quay as an 'award winning' Tourist attraction and the future of it as a Royal Navy Museum.  During the last month, the frontage of the (combined) Museums has been overgrown with weeds!  The weeds were nor cleared or even sprayed for at least a month!  What impression do you imagine this has on visitors, who are perhaps on a bus trip? The same problem can be seen outside of the Mill House Leisure Centre....weeds everywhere!  As someone who deals with this sort of thing regularly, it isn't a big problem to sort out......so why are Hartlepool Council so slow/ lazy to tidy up our prime leisure assets?  Just realised...sort of fits with the thread title...Tumbleweed junction!     

no6bus

ThE "bus spotters" are out in force because we have several new (to us) buses and they like to update their records

Land Phil

The bus spotters girlfriends must be so frustrated when new busses join the fleet !

The Great Dictator

I don't think they have girlfriends Phil.

Inspector Knacker

Not my cup of tea, but perfectly harmless. I can think of a lot worse pursuits to follow.... as we well know.

WhatTheHeck

I never knew that lying, cheating and throwing hissy fits in meetings was a real hobby !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !